The sound that makes your butt hole pucker..

Is what I heard right before I got FUCKED..

This is not Datsun specific but thought it was worth sharing.

So that letter from the DMV came in, you know? the one we all hate. SMOG.... It was for my brother's 04 stang, which Ive done some "off-road use only" mods last year.

Cracked open a 12 pack, turned up the stereo, and got to making it as factory as possible. Reprogrammed the ecu to factory, X-pipe comes out, cats go in. One last thing to do. No way in hell it was gonna pass smog with the hot cams installed. Knowing this day would come, I set the stockers aside just for this occasion. This car has been through a couple different cams until settling for the set we were satisfied with, because of this I know the swap procedure like my GF knows the wrinkles on the back of my ball sack. Hot cams come out, factory back in. Torqued it all down to spec, put everything back together, did a quick oil change, DONE! it was past midnight so I thought Id fire it up in the morning just out of respect for my neighbors (even though they hate me with a passion). Woke up this morning, took a glorious shit, smoked a cigarette and told myself "weather looks shitty, but its gonna be a nice day"... boy was I wrong.. hopped in the car, started it and heard a sound we never want to hear.

*Crank vrrrommmmm CLANK CLANK C-C-C-CLANK! tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick "FUCK!"*

Shut it down, and prayed that it wasnt gonna be expensive.... Took the driver's side valve cover off, everythings fine. Took the passenger's side off, looked closely and proceeded to shit brix. The valve locks had come loose on an exhaust valve and spat out the rocker, retainer and spring. I then lit a cigarette (because I like to have a smoke after i get good and fucked..)

IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

Found these fuckers just chillin' under the valve cover

IMAG0641.jpg

Spark plug look pretty good and fucked as well

IMAG0652.jpg

IMAG0650.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

On top of that, god is urinating on my car...

IMAG0647.jpg

IMAG0646.jpg

Nuff bout that.

Lets hear some of your guy's stories about getting fucked.

Ive got plenty, but thats for later..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a 6 year old 521 in the 70s and eventually had the chance to put an L20B in ('78-'79 maybe) and happened to be from a 610or 710 I think. Anyway, the motor sat for the winter while I waited for better weather. I installed it in the spring and drove it for the summer but one evening as I was motoring along I stepped on the gas to go up an incline and the motor revved up and nothing happened. Previously I had had a stock 4 speed lock in forth so I thought something had broken inside. I pulled over and shut it off but when I tried to re-start the starter worked but the motor was not turning. I pushed it and jumped in, slammed into gear and let the clutch out... nothing. Somehow the flywheel was disconnected from the crank. I put in gear and let the clutch out and used the starter to pull the truck a couple of blocks off the road and went back the next day and towed it home. For a few minutes, I had the first electric powered 521 in the world.

I found that storing it for the winter has rusted the threads in the crankshaft flywheel mounting holes. When I torqued the bolts they tightened up too soon without actually gripping the flywheel and one by one sheared off.

That was a real pucker. I ended up hand drilling the bolts out with a Black and Decker. (borrowed) Over sized the holes (a couple were crooked) bought a tap and six grade 8 bolts and torqued it on. Drove it for another 4-5 years.

Nov 17th 1997, headed over to my wifes grandparents house to visit and meet them. Going through the Yakima River Valley I cam around a corner and there was a rock the size of basketball. At 60mph there was no time to react. I hit it square and BOOM! That was the last day I drove my 72 Plymouth. Took out the trans, exhaust and the oil pan. Sad day..... Miss driving that beast.

I bought a crate motor from s and j in spokane.... and it has required more work then the one i took out that had a blown headgasket...

crate motor has required

A. tranny drop for a rear main replacement...

B. front timing cover removal (1st) front main...and loosen the timing belt that was tighter than a guitar string in memphis...(sorry watched lizard lick last night..)

C. Front timing cover removal(2nd) grenaded idler pulley bearing on timing belt..hmmm too tight on the timing belt victim?

D. front timing cover (3rd) cam seal worked its way out...

E. upper timing belt cover....cam seal replaced cause i am tired of fucking with it....worked its way out again..

D. pretty sure rear cam seal is leaking but afraid to look... tired of calling s and j and getting ro numbers ...

E.THeres also a main bearing i hear and am afraid and have noted through s and j....

TO be fair its not a nightmare, S and J has paid for my time and parts as long as I send them failed parts back on a ro number. They have been even generous on paying for my time, but still, i bought a crate motor to drive not wrench on. Its a mazda with a ford motor...b2200. If the bearing i hear fails i got my eyes on a miata drive train.

Its a mazda with a ford motor...b2200.

You sure?

B2000, B2200 = Mazda engine

B2600 = Mitsubishi engine

B2300, B2500, B3000, B4000 = Ford engine

I do like the idea of a Miata swap though.

My shop deals with S&J quite a bit. Like any rebuilder, there are always the occasional issues. They've always made it right...eventually. For the most part their stuff is good.

s and j has been pretty good but like i told them it still makes me nervous its easy to stand behind the motor but getting back from the middle of now here wont be when it breaks....yes the 2200 is mord motor also featured in the probes and another car in europe........lotta people using heads f probes on these... i thought about a f2t/ kia swapor a turbo 626 swap but hnestly the miata one is intrguiing for aftermarket since racing a miata is so big in us........but i like having the same brand and that little miata motor packs punch.... i am building a miata tranny for the truck now... its modular... tail section and bell housing bolt on drop it in and ratios are way better...been dealing with the manager there, one of my drag boat buddies in spokane kicks it with him and we have talked we think it was a core issue cause the front cover is wrong..no temp sender will fit but some sun coast one...but like i said if it fails he again will pay me since i did all the labor myself. he is aware of all the issues and has been more than fair but like i said i bought a crate so i wouldn't hve to wrench on it

this si the fourth motor for the truck...i bought a mitsi /mazda 2600 for it but scaped that idea