Business Idea!!! Holy shit I'm the smartest.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

somebody wanted to do a carbon fiber on the old datsun.com site or the 510 realm. Whos going to buyy it? 510 guys dont have money.

maybe WillysJeep bodies are the only market but even those places in the Philipines are out of bussiness once cheap Jap 4x4s hit the market. maybe only 1 or 2 left. Moral of the this story? no market

That is correct, just because we on Ratsun think our beloved Datsuns are the greatest cars ever produced, does not mean that the masses have any interest in a cheap Jap car. Most of us, if we admitted it, only drive them because they are cheap, easy to work on, and occasionally get a boost to our ego by a wanabe. I see people investing 5 figures all the time into their 510's and resell for way less than the investment. From a marketing standpoint, there are lots of people who admire old tin and give you thumbs up, but none of them would give up their late model daily driver for one.

I think you guys fail to realize that it's ME spearheading this project. And as I clearly stated in the title and the first page, I'm the smartest ever for having this idea. The idea alone is worth at least a million bucks. Gonna see if I can hit up Shark Tank and get a few of those guys and gals to kick start the project. I saw part of that show once, have you guys seen it?! They basically just give money to these business owners!

Anyway, I'm talking to my contact later today about it to mesh out a few more details. He's said that it'd probably be cheap as dirt to produce them and said we could mark up the price a lot and make some money. But I wouldn't do that to you guys, I'd do a discounted price for Ratsun.

Does anybody have a 510 in really good shape that I can borrow to make molds on? The cleaner the better!

Appologies all around if anybody has any lasting mental images from my cry for help. I assure you that none of you have been as affected by it than me.

This is a genuine business opportunity for you guys! I can't imagine it's that hard to slap a mold together, lay some resin and start cranking out some NEW 510's! Please post up with any other ideas or concerns.

UMMMMM, No! its not that easy. But, it is very probable as youve demonstrated by that other website (forgot the name) I work with composites everyday and I can tell you that it can be a headache at times. Making a mold is a very time consuming process (if you want a "Class A" mold) thats of course if your talking about making Class A parts. Then of course there are the parts being produced and the questions that come up from there. What was the layup process? chopper gun or hand layed? was it vacuum bagged? autoclaved? what weight glass was used? how are the finished parts bonded together? etc etc

Regardless of the age of the vehicle I dont think its possible or business savy to offer a complete fiberglass body for any less than 7-8K you might be able to get away with 6K if your moving alot of product.

Good luck with your idea, I kinda like it.

If anyone wants a better idea, I'm planning on flying to space fairly soon. I'm going to need a donor Bluebird bus and some volunteers to attach the ceramic tiles and life-support systems. I plan to hit up rich businessmen for the rockets and fuel associated. Who wants in? ;)