Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

I'll see how yours turns out an decide from there. I've been thinking about doing it for awhile since I never really planned on tracking the Dime. I'm just afraid of the winter up here and the bags/lines freezing. I plan to daily the car yearly so Winter dependable is a must. I don't live in SoCal anymore where the weather is perfect year-round.

I also want to see what the rest of my build is like. I want to make sure a bagged look would flow well with the rest of the build.

I also believe Indy will be going to bags whenever his body is structurally finished.

• Like 1
  • Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jrock, hopefully you can help me, so the pressure switch has a red, purple and blue wire, then theres a generic relay. How i have it hooked up now, a ground goes to one prong on the relay, opposing that is the purple wire from the switch. adjacent that, main power and opposite that pump power. the red on the pressure switch is hooked up to power, and blue ground. For whatever reason i cant get the pressure switch and relay to work right.

Also do you by any chance have any compressors laying around? i feel like i got screwed over, i think this one is bad....

Agreed. Get the setup working first, then re-mount things so they're less janky. Do those canisters fit in the strut towers? Love the idea, but the execution so far is less than ideal. Keep in mind, if you want things to be reliable, you need to ensure that everything is mounted properly, run properly and that you spend the time getting it right.

Keep the pics coming!

Im trying to get it all to work before i worry about getting it all mounted cleanly, as im running the hoses im chaif protecting it all and tieing it up out of the way. The canisters SHOULD fit, i havent tried yet, but there smaller then a stock spring.

Any suggestions on how and where to mount things to make it more efficient please feel free to leave your input. Like i said, first bag install, and right now im just trying to get all the valves, compressor, and pressure switch to work correctly.

The seller didnt include ANY wiring, the valves are self explanetory, but im still have problems with the relay/compressor/pressure switch...

Personally, I would have put everything on the other side of the board if possible. You can fit a lot of the smaller stuff back there and then move the compressor and tank to the left side of the trunk like you have the battery. Thats the way I would run it if I was doing the install. If/when I do mine, I wont have the stock gas tank in there so most of my equipment will be as far forward as possible to give me close to the same amount of useable trunk space. Im not a Mexican mini-trucker from 1993... I dont have to show off all the switches and wires and crap for my setup. I want a clean and functional install.

• Like 1

the front looks like it will go plenty low... enough to drag the oil pan drain plug

The rear is about as low as you can go already,,,,, are the rear control arms hitting the body yet??? ..... that seam holds the spring pocket

it's really not worth cutting into the body for more control arm travel,,,, because the U-joints will hit,, and the control arms bind (Way too low to drive)

Made a significant amount of progress today, Front struts are done, new brakes installed. just need to bleed

Rear bags are in new shocks are in brakes replaced

All air lines are ran, but still need to be tucked.

Im curently sitting on air, chasing down a few leaks, and running wires. the trunk is still a disaster and needs lots of work. i think the pressure switch is bad, and two of my valves decided to start leaking.... I still need to run lines into the cab for the gauge, and build a dash panel for it all.

Theres only one problem.... IT DOESNT GO LOW ENOUGH.... im going to address that tomorrow. i know for a fact i can get another inch or two our of the rear, and an easy 4 inches up front

Ill have some more pics tomorrow.

Alright so, my theory is if im not lower then the lowest static 510 when im all aired out, im not low enough. what do you guys think? I should be able to get about another inch out of the rear and i can take up to two inches out of my front spacer. i also want a smaller sidewall tire. like a 175/45 would be great if i can find it. Oh but i cant go lower in front until i have new tires.... or pull my fenders and run a spacer..

Thoughts?

Alright so, my theory is if im not lower then the lowest static 510 when im all aired out, im not low enough. what do you guys think? I should be able to get about another inch out of the rear and i can take up to two inches out of my front spacer. i also want a smaller sidewall tire. like a 175/45 would be great if i can find it. Oh but i cant go lower in front until i have new tires.... or pull my fenders and run a spacer..

Thoughts?

just look at indys thread right now you are as low as his car was when phil sold it to him and indy got it lower

what size tires are you running now

just look at indys thread right now you are as low as his car was when phil sold it to him and indy got it lower

what size tires are you running now

Right now im on 185/70s up front and 205/60s in the back, on 14 inch wheels

Those cans you're running up front are not designed to be used on Macpherson strut suspensions! They work great on Hondas and other applications where an upper control arm can take the side loads from the wheel, but on a Datsun you're going to end either wearing the piston prematurely, or worse breaking the shaft where the threads start!

I can't speak for the other cylinders you received, but the ones you're running now are on borrowed time. I'm sorry that my first post on here in a few years is making me look like a killjoy, but I'd hate to see something bad happen to you or your ride!

If/when I decide to go this route, I have been thinking about using Air Ride Shockwave 7000 series for my bags. They are a bag over shock setup and will lay to 9" with no pressure. Figure that's all the drop I would need with them... A little more spendy, but figured the right bag for the right job will be worth it.

I need to get rid of the cans, not to mention they ride like shit... Without spending tons and tons of cash, how can i somewhat easily bag the front? i cant think of anyway that would give me a shock? is a shock necessary?

Edit: what would happen if i just ran a bag in the front?