Tips and tricks for the new forum software

I got these from Thomas, cause I can't figure this stuff out on my own :lol:

If you want to go to the last post that you have previously read in a thread, click the dot or star next to the thread title.

If you want to edit or create your post with html instead of having the pictures show up immediately, click on the light switch thingy on the left near the font size window.

Anyone else got any tips?

Oh yeah, and the new preview is excellent. :)

• Like 1
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We Need It To Say Ratsun Like It Did Instead Of IPS Community...

That is in work :)

Just found this out recently. If you hover your cursor over a persons user name a window will pop up that lets you send them a PM right from a thread instead of having to click on there name to send a PM.

ratsuntip.png

Beauty!

My tip

Where it says "Sign In"= you enter your User name

Where it says "Password" = you enter your password

Its nice to be able to change the "time period" of content one wishes to view on the left side menu @ IPS community home

When posting a topic/starting a new thread ... sub-title is actually meant to be used for "search keywords" which probably helps out our search function aversions... ollz.

]2edeye thanks for the light switch tip i was really confused on that one..really confused.

I know this isn`t the complaint thread ,,but,, Is there any way you guys could turn up the darkness of who started thread , i just can`t seem to see it very well.. Some members`s have wicked cool or several threads and cant remember names of them but really need to be looked at .

If that even makes sense

How do I neg rep now? Whats with the warning points, if it says 4 points have I gotten 4 warnings? Or do I have 4 more? Where are our member titles? Can everyone see my warning points couse u cant find another member who has any...... The status bar sucks now.... The whole sight feals weird, it takes forever to load, and after its done sometimes it just starts again, how do I change that?

Most importantly how do I neg rep? I rarely ever have but now that I cant figure out how too, the possitive (likes) dont meen jack squat.

How do I neg rep now? Whats with the warning points, if it says 4 points have I gotten 4 warnings? Or do I have 4 more? Where are our member titles? Can everyone see my warning points couse u cant find another member who has any...... The status bar sucks now.... The whole sight feals weird, it takes forever to load, and after its done sometimes it just starts again, how do I change that?

Most importantly how do I neg rep? I rarely ever have but now that I cant figure out how too, the possitive (likes) dont meen jack squat.

There are no more negative reps.

Your member title is above your avatar.

You've gotten four warnings (I'm fairly certain.)

And only you can see your warnings.

I think it only affects FF, but possibly other browser, (oh it got my Chrome as well...)

Spell check, if it does not show the red squiggle under a misspelled word.

In FF:

Start typing a word in a reply, preferably a misspelled word to see the change.

Right click on said word, Go to "Languages", then select your language probably English.

You should see the red squiggle now.

Chrome:

Start the same as FF.

Right click on the word and go to "Spell-Checker Options" select your language.

The red squiggle should show now.

It is messed up in my IE, couldn't figure how to fix it, then I realized IE sucks and I closed it.

Now for some changes I would like to see...

Remove the Calender Events side bar (but I guess some may like it, so maybe move it to just above the status's?)

Move the New Topics back to Top like it used to be.

Add a box with followed content.

Man I miss the old site. It had user previews, just had to click the orange arrow at the right of their name. Now I just catch myself popping up random user previews.

It had thread preview, just had to click the icon near the title of the thread. I actually dont care about this feature too much.

And the old picture inserter thing was much better.

There are no more negative reps.

Your member title is above your avatar.

You've gotten four warnings (I'm fairly certain.)

And only you can see your warnings.

You will get more from someone with a positive feedback than annonomously knifing them in the back with a negative rep. Mods get to see who gave what to who, and I can tell you that there are some members that only give neg rep out, wtf is with that anyway??? Neg rep is often a surprise to the receiver and not always clear why. No one ever complained about getting pos rep. I'm glad it's gone.

I have seen some comments about the warning points, as in my forum, warning points are your strikes until you get autobanned for reaching certain number of warnings.

I would like to have more status displayed, instead of 6 maybe 10?

I perfectly know about this migration thing.....it takes a lot of time and work to have it done correctly, so we need to be patient.

Now for some changes I would like to see...

Remove the Calender Events side bar (but I guess some may like it, so maybe move it to just above the status's?)

I like this the way it is now, I can see what's happening in the ratsun world.

Move the New Topics back to Top like it used to be.

View new topics is where it always was. Up at the top right corner...

Add a box with followed content.

Not sure if this could be done, could be helpful I guess if it could be added.

Man I miss the old site. It had user previews, just had to click the orange arrow at the right of their name. Now I just catch myself popping up random user previews.

It had thread preview, just had to click the icon near the title of the thread. I actually dont care about this feature too much.

There is a thread preview button to the right of the thread title. It previews the first and last post in a thread. Much cooler than the old preview I think.

And the old picture inserter thing was much better.

The picture inserter is the same as before...unless you mean it shows the picture instead of the code. If you want to seee the code just click the lightswitch left of the font window.

:D

I like how you can see who likes your your likables... Could do the same with the negs..... It might start a massive neg fest,

but without negs, it makes me feal powerless against posts of huge jugalo bisches... Powerless.