fuel Prices

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats roughly $5.17 [uSD] for reagular unleaded per gallon.

it hasn't gone much passed $4.00 USD here yet for regular unleaded per gallon. depending on where you at you can still get it for $3.50/gal.

you know if my conversion factors are right?

yeah i know....

sigh...

not to mention that if everyone switched to electric vehicles, it could put massive amounts of people out of jobs in the auto industry. but im still hopeful that something positive will turn out of this, even if were getting ripped off in fuel prices

yeah i know....

sigh...

not to mention that if everyone switched to electric vehicles, it could put massive amounts of people out of jobs in the auto industry. but im still hopeful that something positive will turn out of this, even if were getting ripped off in fuel prices

Hey... they could build electric cars!

Solar, wind, hydroelectric... Have to get out of Foreign Oil...

I've said this before. Use all the gas you can while you can while it's cheap. Saving it is a waste of time as it will only make it last longer... allowing only those who can afford it later to buy it. If you don't buy it now it will encourage other countries like China to gobble it up and burn it anyway. Make no mistake, it will get used no matter what. Why do you think the prices rose? because we are in competition with others for it.

If tomorrow all of North America was completely free of oil and got all their power from something like geo-thermal, hydro, solar, nuclear, wind, wave (whatever) what do you think would happen to the oil..... it would be available to other countries who want to become developed industrialized nations, and because it is, as yet, the cheapest form of energy around... it will get used.

We can slow down the use and make it last a little longer. To truly make it last longer everyone in the world would have to slow down their use. Good luck with that! We are energy whores. Our whole civilization is built on cheap and truly massive amounts of energy use. Everything within your sight was moved there with oil, all of your home (unless you have a log cabin) all the food you put in your mouth (unless home grown) all your possessions were made with and or transported to you with oil. How will we do without all this? And the demand grows every year.

It's a race to see if global warming gets before we run out of oil.

Unless from hydro wind or sunlight this doesn't help at all.

According to a few electric car sights I was reading even if the electricity comes from coal it is still cleaner than oil. I will try and dig up the sight. It makes sence though, think of a lawnmower, way more polution and for its size very unefficient. I don't know if you have seen that huge boat engine, the one that is 2 stories tall. Anyways per gallon I guess it is very efficient. They have all kinds of good ideas to save power to :D

cool idea anyways http://www.acpropulsion.com/technology/v2g.htm

gas prices suck man they need to go back down fucking bush is fuckin us all

No he isn't.....cause almost all our oil is from overseas and they control the prices. have you heard of Hillary or Obama saying they will lower oil prices.....didn't think so, cause they cant. Its really up to the tree huggers that don't let us drill our own oil. Oil wont be gone for a very very long time. Its the second highest natural resource we have. Good old history channel.

I am going to pursue building a hydrogen car here soon. Water is cheap so using it as a fuel is the perfect solution. NO gases or emissions from your exhaust either. I also believe there is no "global warming"

Continental US oil production peaked in mid 1970. The US is now producing as much oil as it did in 1940! It's running out. World production should peak around 2006, ooops.

BTW you need an energy source to break water down into hydrogen and oxygen.

Proving my point exactly....:D

Electricity produced by a car battery at first and then taken over by the alternator. Extremely fast pulses of electricity has been proven to separate the two hydrogen molecules and one oxygen molecule. NO catalyst is needed. The whole deal is actually complicated.

Wait a minute. You can't take more energy out of a system than you put in.

It will take as much energy to split the hydrogen and oxygen apart as is released when you burn it in a motor. The exhaust is... water. You can't run an engine and an alternator to make the electricity to make the hydrogen AND power a car. What you describe is perpetual motion. More than that... it's surplus free energy. It defies the conservation of energy law.

The one bright side I see from higher fuel prices is maybe Americans will be a little less wasteful and excessive in their "throw away" spending.

:lol: dream on!

even the slowing/recession economy wont stop some of them :roll:

and for the bush fans :rolleyes:

'A moment I've been dreading. George brought his n'er-do-well son around this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the political one who lives in Florida; the one who hangs around here all the time looking shiftless. This so-called kid is already almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll call Kinsley over at The New Republic and see if they'll hire him as a contributing editor or something. That looks like easy work.'

From the REAGAN DIARIES------entry dated May 17, 1986.

Water is cheap so using it as a fuel is the perfect solution.

ammonium (NH4-) is a better source for H+ than H20

"something for nothing and your chicks for free" :D (btw i hate that song)

the First Law states that energy cannot be created or destroyed; rather, the amount of energy lost in a steady state process cannot be greater than the amount of energy gained.

second law states that chaos rules

i paid $3.77/gal for 87 last night.