1973 620 - yellow turd

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Driver side done. Started with a 180 grit fibre wheel that just got clogged up. When back to store and got a wire wheel. It removed the rubber gravel guard crap with ease and didnt even burn through the paint in some spots.

IMG_20131116_145021_zps46e0a387.jpg

Ok... so I only took one photo. *sigh* Figures... Whatever I'm sure you've all see rust, painted rust, buffed rust and w.h.y. But I did test fit the carpet!

IMG_20131116_153026_zpsd54db8aa.jpg

IMG_20131116_153035_zps6736f57a.jpg

So any 620 guys here put in a pre-molded carpet? How do you get around the edges? Meaning, did you tuck it under the door sill and/or the speaker kick panel? Did it sit pretty flat? Currently mine sits "high" its kind of floating off the tunnel. I lost light so I stopped and Its not going in till the floor is re painted and prepped. How did you get the carpet over the seat rail? If you have pictures of your door sills and under the seats that would be sweet.

How you no fit?!

IMG_20131116_153046_zpsc1cf2d4e.jpg

Corner.

IMG_20131116_153054_zps912f673e.jpg

Ok, wth is that plastic thing? It will fit into the shifter boot, but wont go over the shifter base. Or is it a firewall grommet? I plan to have the shifter access plate over the carpet to bolt it down so the carpet will be cut back from the shifter a bit.

IMG_20131116_153112_zps5d504ccc.jpg

TaDa!

IMG_20131117_132837_zpsdeaead1f.jpg

IMG_20131117_132411_zps505aa686.jpg

IMG_20131117_132325_zpsab221d02.jpg

Toying with the idea for the back carpet... But like I said I would need to remove all the little maintenance accy hold down stuff. :/

IMG_20131117_132337_zpsbe27a336.jpg

Current wheel set-up, because.

IMG_20131117_133127_zps86773ee9.jpg

Floor mats are too long. Thats the only problem right now. I dont really wanna cut them down, but they are cracking and pulling out at the mount holes so yeahhhh.

So I am replacing my carpet, or rather adding it because I don't think 73 came with it.

Anywho the front is in, and now I'm working on the back.

But there are all the accessories hold downs on the floor.

So should I cut around them or cut out the spot welds? I don't have any tools or even a clue what goes in those spots.

Anyone have a picture of a installed carpet?

Only thing back there are the seat belt anchors and the bottle jack behind the driver's seat. If you don't have your bottle jack, carpet over it... if you get one later deal with it then. For the seat belt anchors, Remove them, carpet  over them. When finished, feel for the bolt holes and cut a small X in the carpet and instal them back.

Why isn't this in your build thread with the other carpet install? http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41321-1973-620-low-and-slow-progress-new-oics-nov-17/page-6?do=findComment&comment=1008442  When done can I move it there?

I have a bottle jack holder and some stupid rubber strap I am guessing for a tool pouch?

Anyways, I just heat up a drill bit with a propane torch, its a smooth clean round hole. I know how to instal carpet, thats not the question. 

It was if I needed to hold on to those. I could care less for a bottle jack. Im probably going to shave those items.

Mike you can move it or delete it either way. I just asked in here 'cause im sure not everyone checks builds and that this might be helpful for future use. :/

Didn't mean to sound grumpy. There's good info out there and yes often no one reads all the posts. I meant when you get your info we could add it to your build is all. Someone will want it and you can direct them to your build, or someone else.

:frantics:

Ugn

So much to be done, so much confusion a foot. 

Would it be more wise to just do a disc conversion [front] or swap to a ball joint front end? 

There is nothing wrong with a kingpin front end....that being said, if you are going to swap to disk brakes might as well swap to ball joints at the same time.