1973 620 - yellow turd

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I threw on about 80% of my parts.

1. Stabalizer mount bushings
  2. Stabalizer end links
  3. Driver upper control arm bushings (didnt realize I needed 4 in total, 2 per side)
  4. Energy Suspension Ultra Low profile bump stops, bolts right in no cutting down old ones
  5. Speedo cable, but its read 2x faster
  6. Pinto front shocks, removing the metal bushings is a PITA, also the shocks are more narrow at the base so mounting them pinched in the arm
  7. Removed push bar
  8. Painted behind the grille black

Ill throw up some pictures tonight as I tackle the rear springs. Still need some more parts. Adjustable reamer is on its way.

• 2 weeks later...

well my car has 2 flats, no tail lights, no insurance, needs a new positive battery cable and to top it off the key won't turn in the ignition now. but if you are over on the island....

bummer to hear, lol. truck is almost together. ill see what I can do.

like tha patina that your truck has, those wheels are super wide! damn...

thanks, that was one of the reason why i had to buy it.

So I am putting all my new parts on, putting in steering linkages (ball-joints) just wondering what you guys like to torque them too? Manual says 40-70 ft-lbs, everything is new, I have 2 fiber lock-nuts and 4 cotter pin ones. I have taken them all up to 40 ft-lbs and they seem to be solid, I may bump them up tonight to 55? however I dont like them being too tight that i cannot get them apart.

nice truck! i do have an idea for the heater hoses. i did this on my black 73 and it works great. there is a product by goodyear, its a coil so you can bend your heater hoses and they will stay in the shape you bend em to. heres a link to one, summit has 3 different ones though. 1/2 inch, 5/8, and 3/4. i cant remember off hand but i have em on my truck. work good for routing the heater hoses right.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GTR-GY34UBP/

• 1 month later...

Sooo not a lot has happened, that I have had my camera out for :/
I angled my 3" blocks a 1/2" and had a drive shaft fabbed up. Major props to datzenmike, without him I would have no shaft and in a mess of fuss.
Currently I have the truck plated, and driving daily. I fixed my heating inside the cab, and now have hot heat for the winter months.
I have also bought a set of 5 Osaka made 2 piece rims, 15x10.0" JJ with an offset of -39, tires, mounting, pulling and stretching pending lol.

that much poke out the fender would look stupid in my opinion. flares might make it look better. If it was me i would re-barrel those wheels so they actually semi fit. Thats the point of 2 piece wheel. lol