1973 620 - yellow turd

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

You want me to waddle out to the garage and take a picture of the Nardi wheel? 'Cause thats all I've ever done.

I will be taking the bench seat to get upholstered Saturday.

I am still stumped on how to clean up the wires a little more in the engine bay. 

>Alt upgrade

>EI swap

>headlight upgrade  :confused:

I dont know how I actually want to mount the centre console in the cab other than squished.

I need to buy those upper A-arms to do a ball-joint swap.

My Integra just grenade'd a clutch so I spent the last week doing that.

man that sucks about the tegy. oh yeah im nismo510 on KCL. i can stop by some time and give you a hand or ideas on the truck. ill see if my dad still has a set of the uppers for the balljoint swap kickin around.....we're running out of truck stuff though

• 2 weeks later...

Seat is being upholstered as I type. Not sure on fabric 'cause the guy hasn't gotten back to me with a quote. But he has my bench.

Going through the wiring in the engine bay.

1. I'm still confused about this fuseable link. Can I remove it? Or add a normal fuse? Or whatever...

2. I snagged a distributor off a L20 a while back, how can I get it on the L16? Does it just drop in? Points? Wires? Oics?

3. P.O. welded shut the bung that lets coolant in the intake manifold (plumbed from a line under the thermostat housing) Where is the "out" hole to allow coolant flow? Does it flow through the head? Again, any oics of the I.M. off would be cool.

Uh, Integra got a new ss exhaust, header to exhaust tip and a new (used) oil pan.

Try to get some pics up when its sunny out.

Anyone have a way of removing the horse/coconut hair from the back of the bench seat? Upholsterer wants $1800-$2000 to fix my bench.

Its not too ripped up I just dont want it shedding on my new carpet. So I was thinking of just stuffing it with foam and covering the back with a polly plastic some.

Anyone have a link for a ghetto fix rather then a full re/re?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I got the wiring done, for now. Truck runs and I drove it to the store. But I dont have any brakes.

The passenger front was/did leak out one day/night. Nothing since.

The rear M/C reservoir was empty all be a bunch of black sludge.

I have never bled the brakes, I have done some brake adjusting although the last time I ended up with quite the shake.

I would like to do a ball-joint/spindle/disc swap but thats not until the summer.

So, what are my options?

Should I look for a M/C rebuild, I fear its time for a RE&RE.

Can I swap M/C (go bigger) and still run DRUMS?

What can I still order to fix the front brake? Soft line? Wheel cylinder?

I'm just curious what anyone would do in this situation?

I dont mind buying a new M/C, should I buy a booster too? 

Im always worried when it comes to brakes, thats the one thing I dont like fucking with. 

What would cause a W/C to leak? Is that normal? Just wondering if its cheaper to RE&RE the drums and just drive it? I know my pads have about 1/8 life, and I bought a spring kit.

Thoughts? I can stop the truck just fine, I slow put put around, I just dont like the shudder I get when I start the braking sequence.

Installed Nardi

F8004DE1-10D7-4BB4-9427-3CF11B4160C6_zps

Holding a ground that goes to battery. Its part of the main ground harness iirc.

AC021375-7568-4364-B3C7-C745D3446E41_zps

Hopefully you can see the Fuseable link off the battery. The upper wire on the negative terminal goes to the radiator. The lower wire goes down to the Alternator. 

42DEB821-0456-4889-AC17-D42912AC1A0A_zps

The ground to the rad and where the headlights ground out as well..

7C61AF08-434B-4919-B2AA-318E2CEEC9EC_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so fixed the issue, cluster was shorting out some where. when it was it the truck. I dont know how but I just put my old cluster in. Bye bye Kph/Mph speedo  :crying: Also had to rip out all my nice wiring job to figure it out.

New tail light bulbs, and brake switch.

Need to figure out the carb now. barely runs. Can anyone post a photo of their Weber 32/36 installed. What hole on the throttle plate did you use for the throttle cable pin? I have my choke wire on the positive of the coil resistor but I am not sure its working because it barely starts up.

BIG hesitation between idle and some throttle, I think my jets are incorrect? anything high end is wicked.

Constantly dies when I come to a stop, either the booster is leaking or something and sucks in a bigger vacuum leak but i basically have to start the truck and every red light unless I "heel-toe"

There is no coolant line going into the intake manifold. The one under the carb on the front of the intake was welded shut. Is this bad? I was going to take that fitting off and run a line to the bottom side of the thermostat housing. Yes? no?

Thanks

Ok, in the bellow photo on part A, can we all see the (coolant) port on the left of the intake beside the top left carb mount stud.

That port was welded/plugged shut when I bought my truck. It had the coolant line from the lower half of the thermostat housing, and where the coolant lines junction to go into the cab for hot air. I have since removed the hard line from the lower area and was going to just run the line from the thermostat housing to the carb. But found out its plugged. 

So, do I need to have all three ports connected?

Can I just run coolant from the t-stat to the intake manifold?

Is this the reason why my engine dies at a stop? Because its not getting warm enough? It only dies when its cold and I havent driven very far. (there are two stops I have to make leaving my house and I have to crank it over each time)

Thanks.

DatsunIntakes01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

plastic mirror bodies and bases will get brittle in the sun unless it is a special UV plastic which would up the price of those (I have seen those on ebay)

Well thats good info to know. The ones I really do want are the Skyline mirrors but at $400-$500 thats extreme too!!

Enjoyed the build so far!  I am curious about the loom you used for your wires.  It looks like the stuff you can get for computers.  How is it holding up?  

Yeaaaaaaa, sadly that all got ripped off to chase a phantom wiring issue. It is the same as computer loom. You have to de-pin the plugs to get it on the wire. I may find the stuff that wraps around and just tape in every 2-3 feet. Its now covered in good ol' electrical tape. I will be re-doing a lot of it this weekend thoug cause I've got the two days off. I managed to de-pin about 3 plugs and 3-4 sensors that I just didnt need so the bluk of the wiring has gone down.