Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a few things done yesterday morning.....

-Lubed door locks with graphite powder

-Readjusted my slave cylinder.....I must have the wrong sleeve in the tranny....I need a shorter one.

-Installed steering spacers

-Tuned carbs

New Problems.......

-Water Pump gasket is now leaking

-Slave cylinder is leaking into the boot

-Oil leak between engine and trans getting worse (rear main, oil pan, or that damn last bearing cap with those stupid seals in it??)

Tuning the carbs made a huge difference in how it runs....I should've done it sooner....

........no more hesitation between circuits and not nearly as much intake backfiring under very light throttle 

It was running waaaay rich....4.2%CO......no pics....camera battery was charging..

Now HC<300ppm, CO is @ 2.47%, & CO2 @ 13.2%

It could probably use a bit more fine tuning but I'm happy for now.

IMG_5788_zpse9c831c7.jpg

Lol I hear ya!

I got mine off the stands and idled around the block and let it settle into the new tires - it sits super low in the back, tucking with a bit of negative camber lol but has quite a bit of gap up front - Hrmmm ;) I need to get some new pics up so you can see what I mean :)

I got an idea....What did you do to lower the rear??

I got an idea....What did you do to lower the rear??

I got it this way ;) according to the PO, it has Eibachs all the way around - front feels plenty stiff, but the back is soggy. I'm going to pull he out of the garage and take some decent pics later today instead of using my iPhone - ill pm you when I get them up in my build thread ;)

What struts are you running now?

*edited for "reading too many build threads and not recalling exact details before asking question" syndrome lol

Up front it's a Tokico Blue insert......the oldschool ones you can't get anymore....

......ground-control coil over and eibach spring obviously.....

I haven't changed the rear suspension....this is the way I bought it.....spring is cut with an air shock installed......they work for now....

.....it's nice being able to raise and lower the car in the rear also.....

IMG_3625_zps6c23d396.jpg

......I want rear coilovers though

......all in due time.

didn't see if you mentioned it, but what brand of filter screens are you using on the carbs?

I gottem at Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy,CA

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/product_p/99217.225.htm

Seems the price has gone up since I bought mine.....I don't think I paid $50/pair.....I wanna say it was more like $35-$40....

Got a few things done yesterday morning.....

-Lubed door locks with graphite powder

-Readjusted my slave cylinder.....I must have the wrong sleeve in the tranny....I need a shorter one.

-Installed steering spacers

-Tuned carbs

New Problems.......

-Water Pump gasket is now leaking

-Slave cylinder is leaking into the boot

-Oil leak between engine and trans getting worse (rear main, oil pan, or that damn last bearing cap with those stupid seals in it??)

Tuning the carbs made a huge difference in how it runs....I should've done it sooner....

........no more hesitation between circuits and not nearly as much intake backfiring under very light throttle 

It was running waaaay rich....4.2%CO......no pics....camera battery was charging..

Now HC<300ppm, CO is @ 2.47%, & CO2 @ 13.2%

It could probably use a bit more fine tuning but I'm happy for now.

IMG_5788_zpse9c831c7.jpg

Ouch whats the story behind that fender dent? I dont remember it being there....

Ouch whats the story behind that fender dent? I dont remember it being there....

It's always been there....I usually take the shots to hide it.....or take'em from the other side.....I have the brow that matches..Haha...

All the dents, holes, blemishes, rust were there when I bought it.....

Since putting on the spacers.......I now have a heavy rotational knocking sound during hard right turns.....

.....TBA.....

Tie rod to wheel weight interference?  I had a problem once like that, only at full lock.  Was on my S12 struts with my 8" +15 wheel setup and 1.25" spacers.

One other thing that needs attention........idler arm bushings

They're pretty wasted......just ordered the EE poly replacements......

.......almost 2 weeks to deliver.....dayam.........oh well

......one more thing....

Yesterday morning it drizzled a little and reminded me I need to install wipers and the motor......

...I remember them moving very slow back in the day......

Is there anything I can do to the motor to rejuvenate it :confused:

Haven't dug it out yet, but I was planning on taking it apart and cleaning it out hoping that would do something.....