Mazda Wiper Motor Upgrade on 510

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear it a small low-weight wiper motor. Increase your zero-to-sixty?

ha how about 3 speeds and an actual drive to get water off your windows instead. :P personally my 510 avoids rain at all costs. if its wet, she is inside. I was thinking about doing the conversion so I picked up the DQ issue with it inside. Ill check the number when I finally organize the stack of reading materials on my desk so you can get that exact issue.

and whats switch to use is a good question

stock switch will allow 2 spd functions

i want to know if anyone has gotten the 'intermittent' to function.

90% improvement on function when all the contacts are clean.

i got 2 speeds and they are not both slow :P

If you don't mind drilling some new holes where the wiper motor actually mounts, you can use an S13 wiper motor.

Seen them installed on a few 510's in Australia. No further details though sorry.

EDIT - oh, and they managed to use the steering column switches from the same car.

The 510 wiper circuit is very strange IMO. When the key is on it gets constant power even with the switch off. When the pipers are applied the switch connects the ground side of the motor. We used an even new wiper motor on Dillon's car but I couldn't figure out how to wire it like the factory. Well late at night in the rain, I'm sure if I spent more time I could figure it out. I don't think the later Mazda motors are designed for a ground circuit. When I helped Rich on his BB I couldn't believe how fast the factory NOS wiper motor was, at least as fast as the Mazda motor. I kinda wonder if the original one is cleaned or the guts are swapped with a motor that has had less wear what would happen.

I also started working on a delay using S13 parts but it requires 2 different modules and I never got around to it.....

• 1 month later...