TENDRIL's 67' pantydropping, black cherry pearl popping 520 now with Turbo DOHC, body drop, and 4-link with bags or coilovers not sure, maybe both

TENDRIL

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has anybody done this before and/or see a problem with it?

i think i could get another 2in. lower .

it should get the top of my wheels just above the rear wells... i just cant think of another way to get lower without cutting and modifying the frame which i don't want to do ..

Untitled66.png

14+-+4.jpg14+-+2.jpg14+-+3.jpg14+-+1+%25281%25299.jpg

Page 32 of Jrocks thread, thaat's where they did exactly that, I will likely be doing the same thing myself.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/50770-1971-datsun-521-snack-shack/

You can also see how he notched his frame also.

it should get the top of my wheels just above the rear wells... i just cant think of another way to get lower without cutting and modifying the frame which i don't want to do ..

Untitled66.png

Untitled66.png

jrocks done that twic now on 521.... working good so far ... on we made to close to the frame but we clearanced it and it works great .... even helped the pinion angle a little

started attacking the shackle raising for moar lows..

14+-+4.jpg

14+-+9.jpg

IMG_0160.JPG14+-+8.jpg

proceeded to cut the weld  :blush:

14+-+6.jpg

it was deep..

14+-+2.jpg

measured and drilled a hole

14+-+1.jpg

14+-+4.jpg

14+-+7.jpg

14+-+3.jpg

quick mock up and it looks like the frame will be dropping about 2 in more :thumbup:   

im going to do the other side 2maro and weld them in

• Like 7

so i picked up my motor yesterday and will be getting some oics as soon as it warms up today.

the only bummer is that i pulled it from pick and pull and someone had already got to the car and snagged the ecu and cut up the harness....

but the valve cover, head, and block are all intact

except the fuel rail and exhaust mani/ turbo are gone not really a problem tho since ill be going a little different route than stock.

• Like 1

How much clearance did you leave yourself between the frame and leaf eyelet?

I am going to likely do the same thing, and I am going for the most drop I can get. :)

this is critical ,  when the spring compresses it shortens this distance with the shackle... the red truck had no clearance on one side and rode like a brick .........had to clearance it .......works better....tendril i like the way u did it we couldnt mount it that high in the frame so its a little different  ...nice work and free lows A+

• Like 1

4g63T out of a 91' eclipse 

14+-+12.jpg

14+-+13.jpg

started tearing into it right away to assess the condition of the entire motor 

14+-+2.jpg14+-+20.jpg

head seem to be fairly clean 

IMG_0238.JPG14+-+1.jpg14+-+15.jpg

than i pulled the head off to find this bahhhhhh

14+-+3.jpg14+-+8.jpg

but the cool/ strange thing was, it all almost wiped off with a rag.. i than gave it a 1 1/2 hr. home made electrolysis bath 

-results - it is almost perfectly smooth again maybe a little scotch bright pad and a hone 

the white stuff you see is washing soda i used it in the bath 

14+-+5.jpg

14+-+4.jpg14+-+6.jpg

the piston in the #1 cyl

14+-+2.jpg14+-+3.jpgIMG_0264.JPG

the rings are all flush with the piston and i'm assuming the culprit to the rust 

thats where i stopped today will be doing a through cleaning of the block tomorrow