TENDRIL's 67' pantydropping, black cherry pearl popping 520 now with Turbo DOHC, body drop, and 4-link with bags or coilovers not sure, maybe both

TENDRIL

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welp another 10 points for MYDAILYROUTINE  !!!!!

sourced a engine harness for me!!! out of a 93 turbo 4g63t

he is the dude!!

No problem man! I feel like a superstar with all the points I'm accumulating. I'm trying to source the fuel rail and cam angle sensor also, I'll keep you up to date. The harness wasn't easy to find, took me 7 days which is long compared to how fast I usually can come across parts.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

so i found a MS plug-n-play with EPROM ecu, for the 4g63t motor, since MDR harness guy fell through

i dont know how good coil on plugs are but i was given a set of those as well, i think jeff (icehouse) said he had to do something with the ignition part of the MS for them... i will find out 

next up is pretty much taking the head to the machine shop.

annnnd redoing somebody work 

IMG_1454.JPGIMG_1455.JPGIMG_1456.JPGIMG_1457.JPGIMG_1458.JPGIMG_1459.JPGIMG_1460.JPGIMG_1461.JPG

the plan is to sandblast the cab 2maro, than i can set the rest of the floor, trans tunnel, firewall

i stopped today though due to the fact i would kind of like to check where everything will be... mostly my steering box hole and front cab mounts, also considering redoing the inner fender wells, because the previous owner just hacked them up to not really fit over the front suspension .....and i dont want to be stuck with something that would take me weeks to fix after paint , that i can just do now...

so after everything is said and done , if my tape isn't lying i should be around 2 1/2 in. body drop, not including the new cab mounts i need to fab.

i have 4-link stuff ordered and on the way (rod ends and weld bungs) i went with 3/4 stuff because i just wasn't sure.... i bought tubing the bung welds snug into today surprisingly cheap i think 20 $ for 16' cut in half?, also picked up some 3/16 plate to do my, C / step notches, had already picked up some 1/4 plate for my tabs/ brackets than i just have to build a cross-member for the links ,  although i need to look into rear coil overs still, or maybe bags or both ...

before i do most of this though i want the block and trans in and bolted, than i can have fun

disclaimer:  this truck will not scrape rockers 

• Like 4

IMG_1474.JPGIMG_1476.JPGIMG_1477.JPG

these used to line up ... :sneaky: IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

this is supposed to be in the center of the rectangle, will adjust for it when i fix fire wall

IMG_1482.JPG

will need to make small notches in front floor pan, maybe my body mounts will help it clear...

IMG_1483.JPG

one of the reasons i want/need to redo the inner fender well 

IMG_1488.JPG

another

IMG_1490.JPG

and 4 link stock...

IMG_1501.JPG

• Like 2

I thought you were just shoveling it off the ground, it all looks the same color around there, sandy color. :lol:

Progress forward is always better than no progress at all like at my house, it's sad when one looks forward to yard work over working on the Datsun and making it better. 

I need a new roof also, not looking forward to doing that.

• Like 1

Beach sand contains silica and when used as blast media it creates PM10. rabble rabble rabble illegal in California.. cancer, no babies. You know the rest. Seems to work great and I know it's a lot cheaper than blast media.

Somewhere Indy has a woodie over those last few pictures.

Truck is sweet man.

They can call what they sell anything they want, it's not likely sand from a beach.

Fact is beach sand doesn't work very good for sand blasting, as I have tried it in a blasting cabinet, it took a long time to get anything done, I finally bought actual blasting media, the difference was night and day.