TENDRIL's 67' pantydropping, black cherry pearl popping 520 now with Turbo DOHC, body drop, and 4-link with bags or coilovers not sure, maybe both

TENDRIL

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yea i know im thinking about ordering 2" drop spindles for the front and that should level the body since orig. it had about 3"of rake, because if i just go with spring i wont be able to correct the camber as i cant find any kind of spacers for the 89' mitsu frame... and after that i really dont know what to do to lower it without cutting or changing the frame... so it wont be as low as desired but im sur i will like it!

ok so i will just find one without the little in/outlet

You can ignore the trans coolers if you don't want to use them, they don't even need to be plugged.  A super common oil cooler in the junkyards are those used on the '80s Mercedes, decent size and separate item so you can mount them anywhere. Cost about ~$20 at PNP.

mercedes_benz_300sd_1980_oil_cooler_zps2

• Like 1

I see you've got the a lot of the truck down to bare metal. Does it not rust from moisture in the air? I know you store it in the unit.. but I was wondering. Or do you prep it with something?

I would say paint it RED, but I paint everything red, just ask anybody.  :lol:

I figured it would be the color of your goon, but that is not painted either, so since your goon link is blue, and you 520 link is red, I will guess RED, even though you said black was close, my second guess would be Dark Blue.

Is that black grape with carbon fiber milkshake trim. Man that will be insane.

The letters would really pop like that. My truck is many shades of green .

Dont care if i get whole truck painted right away bug i want my Datsun

letters painted white. I like the letters painted. Great colors.

haha thanks its black cherry pearl and whitesilver marbleizer or some kooky name.. yea i wanted to go with a dark gold marble but couldnt find any

and the moar i picture these colors together the moar im liking the idea of the silver and it will comp. my rims too 

its been added on right? because i havent found any other one

Not a factory part as far as I can tell checking both the 520 and 521 paperwork I have.

so i was looking to get my steering column shaft shortened since the steering wheel used to be right up in my face, couldnt find any body up here that could do it so i thought for a while and realized hey i can make my steering wheel shorter, that's what i did today   came out a pretty good distance 

DSC_0918.jpg

DSC_0919.jpgDSC_0920.jpg

DSC_0921.jpg

it kinda looks a bit goofy with the horn button sticking out but at least i will be able to sit into my truck now instead of slide in sidways