Oh shit handles...

Boaty

I have always wondered why I rarely ever see a 510 with any oh-shit handles above the doors. I know there is provisioning to bolt one on, and you can see in some Datsun/Bluebird commercials (namely the bluebird snow commercial from Japan) that they were a stock option.

Are there any direct-fit handles out there? I would really like to grab a set at some point before a new headliner gets installed. Definitely not an all-metal handle but maybe something from a late model vehicle that still uses the two bolt configuration and not a spring-loaded bucket type?

Your thoughts?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I noticed mine didnt have any either even though Id seen them available in some models. I hope they are not as hard to find as the coat hangers I want. I was planning on making a set of handles out of a set of canvas strips; maybe something to racing harness material.

And you're implying somebody in a 510 on street tires doesn't need an oh shit handle?

I'm tired of hand prints right above the doors on the frame and roof. And the bitches... the incessant bitching... so, I want to make t3h fix.

I'll look at 2+2 handles.

I would assume Nissan used the same handle through multiple years, it seems to be a generic part. Maybe the JY will yield something...

And if a 710 handle was plastic, it's the last thing I'd want to hold on to 40 years later. :D

And you're implying somebody in a 510 on street tires doesn't need an oh shit handle?

I'm tired of hand prints right above the doors on the frame and roof. And the bitches... the incessant bitching... so, I want to make t3h fix.

I'll look at 2+2 handles.

I would assume Nissan used the same handle through multiple years, it seems to be a generic part. Maybe the JY will yield something...

And if a 710 handle was plastic, it's the last thing I'd want to hold on to 40 years later. :D

Tell them to STFU. If they keep bitching rub grease where they grab onto until they are properly trained. Tell front passengers to lift legs, rotate hips and upper torso to the right 90 degrees, place legs outside the car on ground, lean forward, stand up.

• Like 2

Tell them to STFU. If they keep bitching rub grease where they grab onto until they are properly trained. Tell front passengers to lift legs, rotate hips and upper torso to the right 90 degrees, place legs outside the car on ground, lean forward, stand up.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbup:

I've seen metal handles in other vehicles, and aftermarket ones as well. They are not exactly comfortable to hold onto. One of them was the perfect shape to cut into your hand if you held it hard enough. I'm just thinking some generic awesome handles, you know?

I've seen metal handles in other vehicles, and aftermarket ones as well. They are not exactly comfortable to hold onto. One of them was the perfect shape to cut into your hand if you held it hard enough. I'm just thinking some generic awesome handles, you know?

maybe 240z pull handles

why not one of the universal door pull handles you can get? they have universal pull handles for closing car doors from many different websites in many different sizes. they use two metal brackets with a heavy duty strap in between, and the strap is available in many different colors. I would imagine that would look good...and because these pull handles are designed for use on old muscle cars and hotrods, they have a retro style look that should blend into the datto's interior.

p.s. it looks like goki's car has a piercing. I think if someone was riding in my car and would actually grab something like that, I would laugh hysterically and tell them to GTFO. Most people that ride in my wagon wedge themselves between the floor, seat, and door while grabbing onto the shoulder belt. It is amazing how much body roll a 40 year old wagon has when you completely gut it, lower the front, lift the back, and put a pickup motor in the front that requires the removal of the only sway bar on the car. Body roll just adds to the fun and makes a good conversation piece.