mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least they left the radar detector. most useful thing in my chevy..

There was a few things they missed because of the factory alarm going off.. they went straight for the stereo it seems. But since they yanked all the wires they unplugged my radar detector (it has saved my ass a bunch of times) and my bluetooth.

Yesterday was wasted on getting glass replaced, estimate for damages and police report done for insurance purposes.

I did take the clster panel I made home and started working on it while I waited for the police to get there (took about 2 hours) so I managed to lay down a few coats of primer and drying time.

Hey Mr. Big...  What's the boost gage for?...  I don't see a turbo?...  Or are you just a poser? :rofl:

Ok, I read above...  Making Moises work without everything he needs hu :sneaky:

No its Cuz poser......look he is running two TACHS

...Lol tanker

FJ is lookin sexy...  Me so JeaRouS...

I like two tone wheels better, but thats just my opinion...

Do you think youll need to go stiffer on your QA1 springs up front with the heavier engine?  your current coil springs are 350lb?  If I remember you said you would like to of gone with 400lb?  or?...

• Like 2

FJ is lookin sexy...  Me so JeaRouS...

I like two tone wheels better, but thats just my opinion...

Do you think youll need to go stiffer on your QA1 springs up front with the heavier engine?  your current coil springs are 350lb?  If I remember you said you would like to of gone with 400lb?  or?...

They are actually 500# springs.As for the rims i could still get them painted in the center but i am getting fully polished cheaper then it would be to paint them or powder coat.I am a rod guy at heart so i am in to the billet or shinny stuff.lol

• Like 1

just did some digging...

Thanks hard slammed.Your cable to I dont feel left out anymore.So just for the record the coil overs are so worth it the ride is way better,but dont go with 350# springs get them with the 400# springs.400# will be stiff but the 350's bottom out a little to fast.I myself weigh almost depending if im hitting the weights hard or not between 285-300# and i need stiffer springs besides it will feel like a go-kart im sure

do I need to dig further and I just missed something?  or..??

Im just curious, because im about to buy me some QA1s.... 

just did some digging...

do I need to dig further and I just missed something?  or..??

Im just curious, because im about to buy me some QA1s.... 

So it does ride better,but the 350 springs were to light in my opinion,so i beefed it up to the 500# springs per QA1's advice.Here is the problem i am no suspension expert but the tabs that i bought are a good idea if you dump your truck if you lower all the way down like i did you go right back to the mini truck feel again,and its not what i wanted,i think you would need a longer coil over and basket the lower control arm for more travel if that makes sense.But on the freeways it still rides better then being down on a static drop.Hope this helps.

Ok, ive got the beebani coilover weld on brackets like you have.  I tried clicking on the link provided in this thread, but its a dead link now.  Do you remember what length you got for the qa1s?  My truck is dumped, and I would like to keep the dump, with more suspension travel via raised shock tower w/bee brackets and coils...  If getting the next length up from yours might fix the problem, It would be nice to know... Did you drive around with the 500lb springs?  And do you think it would be fine with the FJ?

Side note, Off memory (ill have to look again) but, when looking at QA1s the travel was abouts 3-4 inches?  no matter what length you went with...  I cant afford to by wrong parts that could have been the right parts for the same price...

Edit: actually, im doing the ballpoint swap aswell...   you think drop spindles would alleviate the problem? 

Ok... here's the almost finished panel with all the correct gauges (so you can stop picking on the little guy).

IMG_7769a_zps5ce4889e.jpg

I did some modifications to the radiator... Love the way it looks.

IMG_7763a_zpsb0864ff0.jpg

IMG_7765a_zps7753f706.jpg

Added some heat shrink to the cable so it doesn't damage the valve cover too much.

IMG_7767a_zps9fd951ba.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, ive got the beebani coilover weld on brackets like you have.  I tried clicking on the link provided in this thread, but its a dead link now.  Do you remember what length you got for the qa1s?  My truck is dumped, and I would like to keep the dump, with more suspension travel via raised shock tower w/bee brackets and coils...  If getting the next length up from yours might fix the problem, It would be nice to know... Did you drive around with the 500lb springs?  And do you think it would be fine with the FJ?

Side note, Off memory (ill have to look again) but, when looking at QA1s the travel was abouts 3-4 inches?  no matter what length you went with...  I cant afford to by wrong parts that could have been the right parts for the same price...

Edit: actually, im doing the ballpoint swap aswell...   you think drop spindles would alleviate the problem? 

The beebani ones is what i got and i will try to look up the part number for you.I do know its the shortest ones they sell,but if i were you dont buy the beebani shock mounts not that there bad but if you are going to change all the front end then custom it,because your right spending money twice is foolish and lord knows i know on a few things.So i would mock it up and look at what would be the best coilovers to run also keep in mind you dont need to go with QA1's look at Fox shocks as another option about the same money and very good product as well.I will be 4 linking the rear of my truck after all and going all coil overs,witha at least 9' wheel stuffed under the fender wells,and if i have to throw a turbo at it to spin them. 

And drop spindles would be a big help,what are you using.

ALN3855B Aluma Matic Bearing 9 3/4 - 10 1/4 7 8.625 11.25 $164.95

not done picking...  But just preference, ithink it should be mirrored...  MPH left and RPM right.  fuel far left.....

Great work Nis720...looking great.   

That's why I said "almost" finished. :P  But ultimately it's up to mrbigtanker for the final input on this one.

Thanks

Lookin good.  Did you get datrod to machine you some fresh center caps?

Shit!!!! Don't give him any ideas. I have a ton of stuff on my plate right now..Need to get my wife out of the hospital first. Then think about doing some stuff on my own car...

• Like 1