mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bolted the FJ block to a KA (s13) 5 speed. As far as I know this is a stock tranny no mods. The block bolts up perfect. The tranny is near 0 degrees left to right and 3 degrees down on the tail. The block is 10 degrees down on the drivers side.

449B7733-2FE8-4E13-9D78-D797769433F0.jpg

I can try the FS5W71B tranny tomorrow or Sat depending when I get it off the frame.

Thank you... the NapZ trans should be the same bolt pattern as the S13 KA trans. Only difference would be the overall length, shifter location and the starter mounts. The S13 starter bolts thread into the starter from behind the trans, and the NapZ and Hardbody KA the starter bolts thread into the trans bellhousing.

IMG_5875a_zps130edf31.jpg

• Like 2

You the man, I new the KA tranny worked just not sure which one, that KA tranny is from the 89-91 correct.

I have both the S13 and S14 trans in my collection of parts.  They have the same bolt pattern. Visually they are the same aside from a few extra structural ribs on the bellhousing of the S14.   The S14 trans has a synchronized reverse gear, the S13 does not... FWIW

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So jacked the truck up today and found the tranny to be fine,the back bolts came out for the rear mount.I thought i tightened them but well i guess not. :confused:

you should get under that truck sooner so you could drive it 

• Like 1

So jacked the truck up today and found the tranny to be fine,the back bolts came out for the rear mount.I thought i tightened them but well i guess not. :confused:

Maybe due to 521 vibrations, i measured driveline wring and had alot of vibrations, engine mounts were loose, alt mount were loose, exhaust manifold getting loose, alt braket came completely loose, i seriously went back and retorqued alot, after new driveline measured right, everything is butter and haven't had issues since, night and day difference

I'm too lazy to dig up my own post.... so I'll post here  :P  Exhaust on the 720 is coming along. Soon we will have room for the 521. Just had to make sure all the bolts were tight under there. :ninja:  :devil:

IMG_39081_zpsf3e8e35c.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Sh!t, don't let the dirtbike bolts go loose on ya or you'll be feeling a little more pain than the truck vibration. Are we going to hit 200 pages by the end of the year?!!