74 620 V8 AutoX

Cpl620

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

meisters on a 620? i love them on a lot of cars, but im not sure a 620 would pull them off to well.

i think work equips would be the best 5 spoke that works with the lines of the truck. but i cant afford those. what i REALLLLLLY want is a custom set of Longchamps redone in a 18" wheel.

• Like 1

I'm saying option 1, it looks more like a road racer with that set up. The black wheels are so over done. I'm not into trendy builds. Black wheels and fake blu headlights are a pet pieve I'm just saying.

• Like 1

Im looking for an 18" wheel with at least a 10" wide for the rear. With a mild offset, between +10 to +22

Bory, I cant tell if sarcasm or not. Most things I see these days are super deep dish polished out with retarded amounts of camber and tire strech. Maybe not in datsuns, but a lot of imports. None of which this will be. Function is the Form.

No not what I'm saying, I just don't like overdone stuff, if we all do it the same then what's all this effort for? As long as it's tucked under either fender flares or the stock fenders without stretching and ruining the panel like I see in some imports with rubber band style tires. The tire width has to be the same width as the wheel for it to look right in my opinion plus it will perform better on the track. I really like the look of option one!

• Like 1

Actually I just snapped shot option 2, and zoomed in and that more open wheel looks real bitchin! Just not black. Gunmetal grey would be as dark as I would go, or black chrome which is kinda pricey and looks totally different than flat black wheels. Check it out

aww snap dime! adding to the thread in a big way there. those things are sweet!, i also like the 720Form "hallow 5 spoke" that are similar to option 2. ill have to do some Photoshop and check out those DTF wheels. not something you see around a lot for sure.

165290-6970-large.jpgwheel.png

bory, they are a bit dark, but they are only going to be a temp set, then get used for a track set later on. i do like the open design a bit more too. i could see option 1 as well, that why i put it up but to me it gives it more of a show car feel, i dono, it may be because they are polished. the feel is just too much.

....option 3 is growing on me too. im pretty excited to see how these 4 spokes look thought, they do have that old school feel that fits the model (option 4....hahah)! and they don't break the bank! 

yeah, the only down side is that one is only made in 17. the 12 spoke 18" they make has some higher offsets that im not looking for for. time to do some measuring when i get home. one of these will be on order for the weekend. 

Thanks man hahaha. Every chance I get to procrastinate is spent researching this. And on that note.....SCHOOL IS OUT!

I have to go do some artwork for a live show then it's non stop work until this thing is done! Expected start up date ill put 45 days from now.

• Like 1

165290-6970-large.jpgwheel.png

The Konig "Torque" wheels (on the right) are what I am think of going with on my truck after my 5 lug swap. I agree with the over done black theme on wheels. Mine will be the silver version. 

kon_torch_silver_poplrg_zps3ce1347c.jpg

ok, well Ive been out for the past 4 days with Rhabdomyolysis. slight case, no kidney damage, but my arms still hurt like all hell! in the mean time Ive been looking for items. im going to make my own tube separators/clamps since i cant find any like the ones we used on the F-18 engines I use to work on. (everything seems so cheap when you go from jet engines to car shit, har har har) one thing i CANT locate is SS brake line or fuel line. Im guessing they dont sell it since it would be a pita to ship something that long. does anyone have a solution?