74 620 V8 AutoX

Cpl620

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jester, I took her put to some cones last month. The drift suspension, bald street tires, and lack or rear weight proved to be challenging. But I did beat a few cars there. I'm sure with proper springs, nice dot slicks and about 300lbs over the dif and I would be in the top tier.

Also figured out that I've been roasting tires through third gear, with less than 50% throttle. Bumped it to 75% and its a different beast. Shits crazy.

• Like 1

Stock datsun rad works for every day driving. Under heavy load it heats up. I could not use it for long road tracks. But coned autocross is not enough time to over heat it.

Nice, Im doin a 350 swap too. I'm thinkin of getting a Datsun rad or scouring the junkyards to find one a little bit bigger. Your builds insane btw
  • 3 years later...

snaps, its been a while. planning out a 521 build...a few levels up from this one, but still street'able. 

on that note, Ive taken time away from cars to focus on career stuff. I sold this thing and its living near Pasadena/inland LA.

maybe a few years before I grab another shell, but I should be working on a 71 Blazer and 914 until then. 

Edited by Cpl620