Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that safari grille. I tried to buy one at Refresh 60 but the owner wouldn't sell it to me. :rofl: Maybe I wasn't offering him enough...

I think I'd like it without any badging, as with the dual headlights and the grille mounted lights, there's quite a bit going on already.

Now that I see the full pic of the car I like the grill better. You now have my permission to run it. What size tires are you looking for?

Im glad you like it... I was so worried I wouldnt be allowed to keep it :sweat: I really wanted to run Toyo R888s in a 175/50/15 (or close) but they dont make anything close that I can use. Its not their fault for not making tires in a stretchable size for me haha. There are plenty of tires in that size, but Ive run R888s on previous cars and love them.

I love that safari grille. I tried to buy one at Refresh 60 but the owner wouldn't sell it to me. :rofl: Maybe I wasn't offering him enough...

I think I'd like it without any badging, as with the dual headlights and the grille mounted lights, there's quite a bit going on already.

It is quite busy. The only reason I want a badge is because there is a plate for it. Its suppose to have a SSS badge right in the center, but it didnt come with it. Im thinking that if I dont run a badge, that plate will make it look incomplete. I figured the 68 badge would be subtle enough that it would be too busy on top of what Im already running. I may not even run bumper lights as it may turn out ridiculously busy once I mount what I bought from you. I may end up going with rack mounted lights whenever I get one.

I actually just got another grille :wacko: And I dont know which I want more. Im going to run both for a couple weeks and see what I like better. If youre still interested in the Safari grille and I decide to give it up, I can send you a message.

I dont know... I thought I had a plan for this car, but it seems like it really doesnt follow it. I guess Im going in the general direction that I wanted, but things are changing left and right. But, thats the fun part! Im having a blast with this car so thats all that matters.

Thanks for the offer- between what I have here and in Japan, I have enough grilles :lol:

Looking forward to the next steps for minty. I know I'll like what I see!

I figured as much, but thought I would offer. You always have the most legit shit Jun... I really appreciate the compliments; coming from you it means a lot knowing you like where this is headed. I'm trying hard to make this a decent ride.

So good news and bad news.

Good News: From out local automotive glass guy, my sunroof is period correct. I guess the sunroof was a common aftermarket one sold in 67-72... So at least that means its not some abomination that someone cut into the roof to put in a crap 90s sunroof. Now its just a crap 60s sunroof <_<

Bad News: The company that made these sunroofs went out of business in the 70s so I cant get a replacement seal for it.

FML

Maybe find another company with same measurements?

my 620 had a sun roof in it. Dood found two of them at a garage sale new in box... Theres gotta be other places out there that make ones similar you could throw in there. If not at least find a new aftermarket one and have it fitted. May not be period correct but sure would be cleaner looking, and hell even functional!

Maybe find another company with same measurements?

my 620 had a sun roof in it. Dood found two of them at a garage sale new in box... Theres gotta be other places out there that make ones similar you could throw in there. If not at least find a new aftermarket one and have it fitted. May not be period correct but sure would be cleaner looking, and hell even functional!

Yeah I can get a replacement for $175 and install it myself which may be what Im going to do. The sunroof really needs to be cleaned up... and the sunroof currently works, it just doesnt seal completely. But it opens!

You need to get rid of that door trim tho :sick:

Fuck you Notes Doug! Im keeping it!!!!!!! :fu:

Have you looked into anything on McMaster Carr? They carry a weather stripping that a lot of guys use on their 240's for the hatch and doors.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#bulb-seals/=h9n7w5

in the 240 world it's the edge grip stuff that works.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that same GTR before, I mean how many silver GTR's are in Kitsap? I was driving my 09 GTI and was pacing him for a while, trying to get him to "race" me, eventually he got bored with me and zoomed off and I had no chance of keeping up. It was awesome!

Thanks for the tip... Ill have to pull the seal and check the cross-section to see if there is something I can use. I appreciate the info. Id rather continue to use the current pop-out since its "original," but we shall see.

did they sell gtr's in another color... i only have ever seen that color...

this too... while picking up that 69 corona yesterday they guy also had a nice 68 buick hard top...except the two sunroofs front and rear...zoinks...

Im pretty sure Im barely doing 60mph. My speedo is crazy and likes to pretend Im going like Mach 20 constantly so it pegs out all the time. My Fuel/Temp gauge seem to be on the fritz too since they like to read 0 for a bit then come back on and read normal. Fucking cluster.

I don't really feel like reading through all 15 pages to see if anyone else has happened to mention this, but I just came across this while cruising the Dattos on this site.... http://www.oldparked...bird-sedan.html

Haha yeah I saw that when I first got the car... I think I posted those pictures on page 3. Weird that you found those; I was pretty surprised when I did.

^^^ this. You need to put removing the door trim to a vote. It just doesn't look right man. Give in the the peer pressure! ;)

Well, I like it. Plus if I remove it then I would have holes just sitting there where it was attached. Or I could fill them, but then I would have to paint it... which after much deliberation I have decided against.

If you decide to pull them off and need the holes welded up lmk, just got a shiny new tig welder. That is if you can't do it at home or work.

Thanks! Im glad you picked one up so now its easier to work on your Z.