Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While rollin’ through Sunol, CA down Foothill from Pleasanton yesterday, I rounded a corner and almost smacked into a parked white 510 goon with green fender stripes….and a couple of goofy black ones on the rear quarter.

Anyway, it made my day….Yeaaaaaaa!

:w00t:

saw this while pickin my buddy up..

sighted4.jpg

sighted3.jpg

sighted2.jpg

sighted-1.jpg

ofcourse i directed him here, it was a nice truck, lets hope he shows..

these people have a repair shop on the corner of grand and evergreen on the side of the 76 station...there big datsun fanatics...got a couple sweet ones real nice if anyone gets bored they should swing down there to bs ...they even got a 620 kc in the paint shop...i stopped in and told them about ratsun also....

'81 Datsun 210 today in Courtenay. It turned the corner and came towards me.. I knew right off that it was a Datsun from the boxy lines. As it passed me I said to the little old lady "Nice Datsun". She pulled into the local market just as we were finishing up work. We went back to the office about two blocks away and I got my bike and peddled back and talked to her in the parking lot. She bought it new in '81 and it has 95K Km!!! That's less than 60,000 miles! Immaculate shape all original. I asked if she would ever sell it and she said maybe in a few years. She asked and I told her it would be worth $500-$1,000 at the very least and likely much more because of the mileage and great shape. I said would she like my name and number? She said sure but she has three sons and two daughters who might want it. I said they would never love it like I would and we laughed. I can't remember her name but she was proud to tell me that she was 90 years old! Sure hope she calls me in a few years.

Freaky thing here. Not much that I can tell for Datsun action in Klamath Falls. I am really a 510 only fanatic.....nothing personal it is just what I like.

So I look off to my left and there is a flat black 73ish truck with a slam job. Nice stance with a tinge of Ratrod to it, stock hubcaps. Driver is male under 30.

I didn't think much of it, and then I look up at the intersection and there is the twin to this truck, only with Ratrod style red wheels on it. Same stance, color, caps etc. Driver was a younger guy with a girl that was looking at the "twin truck" with enthusiasm.

Totally weird in a town like Klamath....not much here unless you like jacked up diesel trucks.

On my way home I saw a grey primered 510 south of Chiloquin on the HWY.

Three in an hour........

See what Ratsun is doing to me !

Now, if the cheap, straight and rust free 510 would just jump out at me it would be great......

ROB

Edited by toyotajeep

I bring you more pics off my phone! Yes the last pic is for you Toy fans, too bad my phone screws up pics sometimes.

0516091123.jpg

0520091020.jpg

0523091253.jpg

0528090947.jpg

0602090931.jpg

0602091133.jpg

0602091134.jpg

0618091455.jpg

0627091615.jpg

0629091551.jpg

0629091616.jpg

0629091020.jpg

Saturday morn i seen a white 510 in white center and another in sand point. now it will be another year before i see another on the street. who was coming threw white center though. ive never seen another 510 in my area. well actually a dark green 510 a few months back on highland pk way at some party.

Seen this rig for sale some time back, probly half a year ago. i just thought it was a standard 720 4x4 until closer look.

on the way home from Olympia the other night i decided i should stop and take a look. It was dark out, and people were starting to watch what i was doing so i just looked around and left.

The for sale sign was long gone, and there were a few notes stuck to the truck with phone numbers on it asking if it was for sale. I took all those down and put mine up :D

I looked at the door tag, shows as a 1980. inside of the truck was FULL of shit, same with the bed. Just massive junk. Looks like its been sitting a while, but the tabs showed good until this year.

shows 250k miles on the odometer. So i went to take a look under the hood and was shocked. An SD22 nissan diesel. Soon as i got home i asked Datzenmike about it, and he gave me some good info.

Here is a quote from the message

Is it rare??? I'd say so. There were no '80 diesel 720s only L20B motors. If built after 06'80 it's an '81 model year. The diesel wasn't an option until 10'80 or about half way through the '81 model year run. Oh yeah.... there were no 720 diesel 4X4s made...... ever.

Two diesels were used in the 720s. The SD22 '81-'83' date=' and the SD25 '84-'86.5. Look just below the head on the right (pass side) front top of block behind the injector pump. The injector will have 4 hard lines coming out of it going to the head like spark plug wires. Look below the #1 injector and use a rag to clean off the block. This will identify which diesel you have. Diesels only were offered in KC or long bed trucks.

To help ID the 4X4 frame, or at least narrow it down, look under the front bumper and see which side the front differential is off set to. If the frame is an '80 it will be towards the right (passenger) side. If it's towards the driver's side it's an '81 or newer.

There should be a huge 'skid pan' to protect the front diff and drive shaft. It may have tow hooks sticking out of it too. This was used till 10'81.

This is interesting. The Diesel would have to have a custom oil pan to clear the front differential. Ideally a diesel wiring harness would have had to be swapped into this 4X4 to provide the glow plug relay, injection pump control unit and a few other diesel related parts. No diesel or 4X4 had an automatic tranny in any year. The diesel and the 4X4 used the same tranny which was geared different from the 2wd.

This is totally do-able with some work. A 4X4 diesel would be totally rare.

Next time you go past it take your camera!!! Get lots of pix.

mike [/quote']

So the next day on the way to Freaky510's house, i brought the camera and got some pictures of it.

I didnt get a good look at the trans, it had a driveline hooked up to the rear but the front end had no drive line. It has a good amount of rust too

enough bs, heres pics

btw, look at the custom motor mounts :lol:

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

I find it weird there was never a diesel 4x4, its the same with the pathies too. Can anyone shed light? There is prob some reason I'm over looking.