Sightings

Stay off my turf Holmes. Lol jk. She needs to be saved it's in Alturas Ca. I usually knock when i see a datto, but I'm tired of being told to piss off. I'm going back in November I can save you a trip. You can have that one, I know where more are, too far for me

When you go back definitely let me know what they say. Thanks man.

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to Datsun sightings...

These were in my camera, a couple a month and a half old:

Here's the remains of that demo derby Datsun. It's only a block and a half from my house. I'm wondering if this wasn't my old '75, since the guys that ended up with my red '75 traded "a truck" for the green one the demo derby guys were going to use. Under the black spraypaint was a red truck. The truck has since been cut up significantly after this pic was taken:

S_sightings1.JPG

What makes me think it wasn't my red one is that the demo truck was de-hooked and had a smooth tailgate, which mine didn't.

Next:

S_sightings3.JPG

280ZX 2+2 on the way to the crusher. I didn't even get a chance to buy the wheels off it. The tow guy (my 2-door down neighbor) said it actually was kind of stripped, no dash. Even if I had tried to buy it he's pretty firm- $350. That's what he gets at the scales for most imports and he won't budge on that price. It was gone to China within hours of the photo.

New 520 in my hood:

S_sightings4.JPG

Showed up last month. Haven't seen it move. It's lowered on stockers, but that's about all I can see.

I saw 3 different 510 sedans around the neighborhood today I don't recognize. It might have been due to the LeMay open house.

Should post that in the engine bay pics thread lol. I like the hard lines ran to retain a mech pump. I wonder what the ignition set up is, megajolt?

I was just about to post both of these statements/questions. Looks great! Picture saved for future project planning.

I wish there was that kind of respect out here. Most people, even Nissan people dont know what the fuck a datsun is. I'm always rolling alone here in greater nyc....

haha I was actually the last car there. dont think the 240 or the 210 knew the other was anything special

but I get nods and thumbs ups all the time haha. great feeling. even gets respect from ricers. and that's a big deal to me because I'm used to ricers being very hateful towards anything that isn't the car they have lol

• Like 1

^ that, when you can get thumbs up from dudes in "rival" cars, like a really cool Corolla wagon I roll up next to today it makes me feel awesome.

FiveSeventyZee, your school is much more interesting from a car culture perspective. I think there is one other person at my school that is into cars as much as I am, and he's a domestic kid through and through... keeps giving me crap for not making stupid power, and I keep making fun of him for having only drum brakes :rofl:

haha I mean....i like power....and domestic cars... (My Z has a 350 in it >.<) then again I like most cars haha. anyway, the 210 looks like its just someone that got an old hand me down and is using it as cheap transport for college...makes me kind of want to make an offer on it but theres also a 280zx around here that I havent seen move in the 2 years since I first drove past it that I would rather buy....but then I have the Z to work on and I already broke the "more than one project at a time" rule....didn't work out terribly well. Unfortunately I dont think its properly appreciated, but still cool. never woulda seen one in the town I left

I saw the cleanest original tan 521 yesterday at Chevron. Didn't get a chance for a pic but talked with the owner,Cool guy he wants my goon :D

Also I have been passing a mustard 1200 coupe a lot lately can never get a pic but its clean.