Thrillen Dillon's Dime

Will it be at Canby?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be at Canby?

• No way in hell!
    • On a trailer
    • If you quite your day jobs
    • You guys are crazy but it will happen

Did that lady that hit you ever fix your green car? Has it been restored to its former beauty??? Don't leave us in suspense. sad.gif

Oh and by the way I can't really think of too many things that don't look good wet.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
Officially back to my build thread! I'll apologize in advance for my crappy cell phone pics but you'll get the basic idea. So flash back a couple years ago my two door was hit in the quarter panel and I just lost interest in it. The ladies insurance didnt pay out as much as I would have hoped since I was against the paint blending technique with the rest of the car. So my car sat...and sat....and the summer after I had saved some money up to start rebuilding her. I daily my four door so I was still getting my datsun fix which is why it took a while. I had bought a couple engine parts  and misc interior pieces I stumbled across but she still had the quarter panel dent. I switched jobs and moved out of my parents house and finally had a garage at an apartment which i thought was rad at the time. I ordered some rims and tires from a place called illtech autosalon in bellevue after selling an s13 I had and also had the car resprayed. After spending all that money I realized I should be getting  myself out of the apartment since apartment life was just not for me. My hard journey of saving money when you own two 510s had begun.I didnt renew my apartment lease but my parents offered to let me move back home while I house hunt (it only ended up being 3-4 months which was enough for me) so the two door went in a storage unit. I looked at several houses and put offers on a couple. After almost a year I had finally found the house I wanted and everything just fell into place. Everyone kept telling me the right one while workout stop stressing. And it really did. Here is some pics for you ratsun guys. Enjoy!
9594054331_3f996122a9_z.jpg
The previous owners were kind enough to leave the garage packed with misc. junk so I just started from fresh and cleaned it all out.
9594053969_c4e12a40c0_z.jpg
9596847640_5093d6e2b0_z.jpg
It was such a good feeling to pull the two door out of the storage unit and move everything into once spot. The sun was shining so a pic was a must.
9596847626_b2d1724970_z.jpg
9594054357_0b6810dd7b_z.jpg
Both my dimes in the garage while everything was pretty much just unloaded around the walls. It was a mess but I was more excited then ever before.
9594054465_000b1ddb70_z.jpg
Just a little before an after picture of a shelf in the back room of the garage which I now turned into a little tool room to keep space in the main section.
9594054769_2a1af8604f_z.jpg
9596847942_8af1fcbe60_z.jpg
There is enough parking for several datsuns/nissans next to the garage which was another plus for the buy.
9594054639_09f5e1c20d_z.jpg
My buddy who owns the "wagon of doom" stopped by to check out the place and flattened my alley way for free! haha 
9596848088_b42f532859_z.jpg
Two door peeking out the garage, wagon of doom, my rusty car, and my girlfriends silver goon in the back.
9596848340_08fc8079af_z.jpg
So I have now lived here a total of two months and things are still getting settled in but I have already started putting the two door back together since it was still in pieces after paint. I have to say having my own house and garage is awesome and one of the best things Ive done with my life. Look forward to some non cell phone pictures and hopefully frequent updates.

• Like 10

to hell with the house   haha   

nice garage first things first I see you had a refrigerator  :thumbup:

no really the house looks good to congrats and good on your parents for offering the move home so you could save up 

Canby 2014 with 2 510,s ??? 

• Like 1

Way to go mate, obviously got your head screwed on straight, two 510's and a house!

Thanks! My plan of saving worked because I did not have to sell my Datsuns to buy it.  :rofl:

Good to see this thread updated :thumbup:

The pics don't do the house or garage justice, looking forward to the next bbq    :)

You know there will be one soon!

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I cant believe it has already been three months since I last updated! Time just flies by. Two months back I got word of a 68' four door down in Oregon and was emailing the guy back and forth and it looked complete so we set up a time and my dad and I headed down to Tigard and picked her up. Most Datsun guys have extra parts right? haha.

upp1.jpg

upp2.jpg

my rusty cars new buddy!

up4.jpg

I havent touched the 68' yet but I managed to get my two door on the road and it sure does feel good to drive it again. I got rid of my t25 and stock header and downpipe and replaced them with a Tomei header and downpipe and also an s14 t28 turbo. Also thanks to Idol Rides for the sexy powdercoat job on the valve cover. The quality of the Tomei parts were flawless and everything fit perfectly which is nice! 

up3.jpg

I feel like I may leave out some stuff but Im trying to feel you guys in on everything over the couple months. I was talking to Datsun Dave with the 240z out in Marysville about all his cool LED lighting he does and we decided hey, bluebird taillights would be even better with LED's and sequential flashers! So he took the challenge and I was very impressed. He cleaned up the housings, polished the lenses and made the taillight harnesses look new! I have yet to take a video other then a shitty cell one but here is a little picture. Ill see if Dave can post the video he has. I have some pics of the housings if you guys are really interested I will post them.

upp4.jpg

upp3.jpg

blinding people with the reverse lights!  :rofl:

up5.jpg

sr5103.jpg

Just a couple pics from Fest out in Monroe, WA.

up12.jpg

Wagon of doom!

up11.jpgsr5101.jpg

It looks exactly like I imagined the new look inside my head. I still have some things I want to do before Canby but it all takes time and money. I hope I can find both within the next 6 months lol.

up2.jpg

up13.jpg

Oh yeah Merry Christmas! who needs a truck anyways.

up6.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the pics. If anyone has instagram add me, I'm always posting datsun pics. 510_Dillon

• Like 3