Bucket seats

stretch

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put hyundai accent seats in my 521 kingcab, the drivers side had a right side arm rest.

Sorry for the photo, but my server is so slow, that I got tired of waiting for the photo to rotate.

DSCN0699.jpg

so thats what those are from!

lol I have a set that came in my 620, Ill sell you the set cheap if your interested stretch.

im running a 620 center console right now, with some extra wiggle room if that helps. i can take some pictures if you want

that would be sweet. Im tryin to find some like what you have. I dont think ill have to do as much customizing with those.

well Ive got a big sterio to go in :D

For an audiophiles I suggest 1984 fiero bucket seats with speakers in the head rests. Obviously they will fit a 521 as the fiero is a very small car and with the speakers in the headrests being a bonus, I don't think you could go wrong with them. If I still had my fiero I'd take pictures of them.

I've tried a few different seats in my truck... When I got it, it had individual "bucket" seats from an early Ford Explorer/Ranger in them. I found those didn't fit me properly (I was either too far forward, or the back was too vertical), so I tried a classic fiberglass Recaro race seat. Turned out that one didn't fit too well either (too far forward again). Next were a set of '69 510 sedan seats, which had a fixed backrest... They fit alright once I removed a bolt from each side of the backrest to allow it to "tilt". I haven't actually mounted them in though, as they need to be reupholstered, and I'd have to modify the brackets that hold the seat back to the base (right now there's only two bolts holding the seat back on). I also had a set of Volvo 850 GLT seats I'd hoped to modify and install... They had full power adjustment and heat, but they were huge, and would've required a lot of modification, so I ended up selling them.

All-in-all, I think I'm going to stick with the stock bench for now... I've got one that came with my parts truck, and it had been reupholstered before I got it (never even been farted in). I haven't actually installed and checked the fit in the truck yet, so they may not actually suit me, but it's the simplest method right now.

So, I will mention this: Think about how you want to sit in the truck, and find seats to fit. My issue with the truck is the depth of the cab, not the width, so I need a pair of seats that has a relatively thin (in depth), vertical backrest. I also prefer a bit of lateral support too, so seats out of a "performance" car would be good for me. I like the idea of using the Fiero seats, like Z Chopper mentioned... You might also try the 80's MR2's, Celicas, or Sciroccos. I've never sat in any of them, so I can't comment on their comfort or size, but anything compact out of the 80's would be a good place to start. Try the junkyard and have a seat in a few of them to get a feel. Or, if you've got the money, try out some adjustable-back racing seats.

I personally prefer proper bucket seats rather than the ones Jon or SkyBlue posted, with some extra padding on the bolsters and either side of the backrest. I had stock seats in my Subaru when I bought it, and the first major modification to the car was to go with a set of stock seats from a newer, more performance-oriented Subaru. The original seats had very minimal lateral support, and the new ones are more of a "proper" bucket seat. The difference in driving was night and day...

• Like 1

The stock seat is going to give the most room depth wise, as the back is thin, so it gets you farther back. I suppose the roadster seats(no headrest type) might be able to be mounted father back as they are so short(back height), but having your head right next to the rear window, I don't know, have to see it to make that decision.

The stock seat is going to give the most room depth wise, as the back is thin, so it gets you farther back. I suppose the roadster seats(no headrest type) might be able to be mounted father back as they are so short(back height), but having your head right next to the rear window, I don't know, have to see it to make that decision.

head is pretty close to rear window on mine. banged the back of my head more times than i care to admit. If i had a choice i'd try Del Sol seats. only cause they're the closest to a sports seat i've owned. and they're pretty comfortable. though i dunno how hey would fit in the truck.

head is pretty close to rear window on mine. banged the back of my head more times than i care to admit. If i had a choice i'd try Del Sol seats. only cause they're the closest to a sports seat i've owned. and they're pretty comfortable. though i dunno how hey would fit in the truck.

My head is close enough with the stock seat in the work truck, everything else 520-21 I own is a kingcab, no issues with room anymore. I actually picked up a set of Del Sol seats the other day, not sure what I am going to use them in yet, but I am positive it will be a kingcab something. :lol: There just isn't a lot that can be done about legroom in a 520-21 truck, if the seat is higher, then it moves you away from the pedals, but it moves your head closer to the top, and your thighs closer to the steering wheel, which create other issues, lowering the seat just cramps my legs more.

i got that same dilemma with my seats that i got from a isuzu trooper suv. they are not mounted yet but i run into a steering wheel to knee/upper thigh hitting wheel. i was told that early sentra seats work for single cabs. i will see if that will help out with the case then post it to let everyone know what is the best seat to use on single cab 520/521's