Goodbye my first 240z?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? it took me 1 day to go from stripped car (I was painting, but I never removed the motor I guess) to fully assembled.

What I started with...the day started after I left the car a week to fully cure.

IMG_0815.JPG

Really I to swap everything, I would say if I wasnt working I could swap the car to another shell in a week. Providing I didnt run into sheared bolts and all.

Really? it took me 1 day to go from stripped car (I was painting, but I never removed the motor I guess) to fully assembled.

What I started with...the day started after I left the car a week to fully cure.

IMG_0815.JPG

Really I to swap everything, I would say if I wasnt working I could swap the car to another shell in a week. Providing I didnt run into sheared bolts and all.

no no no i went from stripped chassis no engine no trans shit suspention so it rolled full or rat crap and next to no wiring harness to s complete running and driving car

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

Not that bad right?

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

Maxima hit the car in front and i slid into fuckin maxima.....whatafuckingday...on the way to work

Ah damn that blows man, the same thing happened to my Z except It got hit without me in it. I'll be buying a parts car from a member here to replace my front end just need to get monies.

Hope it can be fixed if not I'm sure you'll find another one.

I have front clips fenders hood etc if needed cant give them away but prices are fair the more you buy the better the deal

sorry about the crash but let me know if I can help Thanks Randy

i have an idea running along side with the s30 on driftworks, from what I know though pro-am/FD/etc doesnt accept completely tubed front cars since the strut towers are suppose to be unmolested. Im going to switch coilovers eventually aswell but only time could tell since theres alot happening as of now like gaining welding experience and change of workplace (for the better). If i had the equipment like welder, pipe bender and such it wouldnt even be a option of if but more of when type of question. Unfortunately though the tension rod mount had a space between the mount to frame rail and im scared it may have gotten bigger.

DSC_0582.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

DSC_0586.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

So i took some pics in the daylight finally things dont seem too bad if i cut from the front of the fender wells and make a new radiator support should do the trick. I cant do the work myself is the problem and a body shop will charge me up the ying yang so finding a shell all together is becoming more and more reasonable. This shell though i dont think im going to get rid of, so i can tube frame the entire car or restore it. Already got 4 Z's lined up to purchase if i do get a shell thanks to npdaves & jalen for making the thread. Also insuring a salvaged car is always more expensive from what i remember but i could be wrong

Sorry about the z,its good to know that they are still runing amuck in the Bay Area!!!! Check out the junk yards in richmond pitsburgh and stockton , I use to go to them before moving to vegas and i remember seeing lines of z's. Oh and I'm stealing your throttle cable idea. I have a throttle linkage i made up but i want to go cable and your setup looked simple and effective.

• 2 weeks later...