Goodbye my first 240z?

Alright so the rear disc are done, finish ss lines maybe new rotor n calipers, going to clean and wash mikunis tomorow and have rebuild kit w/book on the way from ny. Im thinking of buying my an fitting stuck but will hold off till next month since its my bday month, hmm wheel shopping?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After popping the float covers off on my mikunis gaskets were becoming brittle and under some more inspection realized only one needle is shooting fuel in a stream.

IMAG1019.jpg

So i decided to contact wolfcreek racing which specializes in mikunis and datsun parts in general and got me a rebuild kit for'm. I would recommend them for datsun needs since it was a hella smooth transcation.

IMAG1029.jpg

At first i was quite intimidated to even rebuild them considering they have lotta small parts and easy to strip screws .

IMAG1032.jpg

IMAG1015.jpg

IMAG1031.jpg

IMAG1016.jpg

After i did the first one really slow, i actually ended up enjoying rebuilding them alot. I had access to a parts washer making them nice and clean after blasting them with compressed air, i even sandblasted a cover just to see.what it look like.

IMAG1012.jpg

IMAG1023.jpg

IMAG1017.jpg

Got the hang of it and finished the rest other two. Thing is i didnt use a small gasket and a rubber seal and was hoping someone can tell me where it goes.

IMAG1027.jpg

For once things went pretty well and slapped the carbs back on the motor with new plugs and distributor but the battery was outta juice so i put it on a slow for the night. Ill try to get to it tonight or tomorow pending if i have the energy.....no theme this time, expect one next time.

chandroid_1332688174550.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IMAG1071.jpg

IMAG1069.jpg

Back at it again the check balls in two of the carbs kept getting stuck and cleaned out alittle more yesterday. It seems now they are peeing out all the carb cleaner i put in there but im going to take them to some shop to get'em checked out just incase. Anyone knkw carb shop in the bay area i can take em too? Other than that im going to put all the legal paperworks back on it this week and enjoy the elweekend cuz its mah birfday.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so finally got all the carbs to shoot dat fuel out the pump nozzles. I should be able to put the carbs back on today or tomorow after my dentist appt, pay all my legal papers and see how much i have leftover. My friend has a r200 and i may dive into azc mustache bar or a t3 bar, anyone have experience with either parts?

Cant get the Z running meaning cars up for sale tomorow and to someone is coming to take a look at it for a good price. Atleast it its going to a good home since he was a neighbor where the z is and was interested from the get go. So no everyone it will not be in my hands for long and will be moving onto my next project a FEW years from now since bills that i was unaware of hafta be payed.

Good Bye S30 it was a good run

Cant get the Z running meaning cars up for sale tomorow and to someone is coming to take a look at it for a good price. Atleast it its going to a good home since he was a neighbor where the z is and was interested from the get go. So no everyone it will not be in my hands for long and will be moving onto my next project a FEW years from now since bills that i was unaware of hafta be payed.

Good Bye S30 it was a good run

:bye: It was looking good! But what is your next project if you dont mind me asking?

I will lurk for a good while and maybe stay in the ratsun datsun game, but for now i have my sights on something simple that i can make hellaflush and maybe magazine worthy in the future. But for now its too early to know, but im already drunm that the z will be leaving tomorow.

• Like 1

You know i will akuma but first i gotta figure out why my frickin gauges,brake lights, and turn signals dont work although I did get a chance to set float levels and started hooking up up my HID's again this time with hi and low beam instead of just high. I just got my flucking registration tags and cars once again insured to be back on the road, debating if i should just buy the ez wiring kit now or wait till next month, which also means themed update by tonight or tomorow woot woot thing is im drawing a blank for a theme this time.

Btw dont tell art, im trying to keep my facebook folks in the dark since everyone now thinks i gave up.

I lolz at your drunken post recovery ,,, haha ,,, glad your keeping it man ! I have tripples on my 240z ,,, they @#$%ing SCREAM !!!! haha ;)

Do you have a factory fusebox ? or MSA ?

My wiring problems in my 240z's have related to power wires leading to / Fusebox falling apart / hazard switch contacts messed up / crispy wiring into the main engine harness / corroded connections / connections pop loose ( a handful lol ) ,,,

Power wires leading to the combo switch get hot and burn out ,,,, look at the connection ( plastic ) if yours is not melted just a bit ,,, you are lucky sumbische ! haha

I was looking at a painless wiring kit for an older domestic car ....

If it were me , I would figure out your current wiring first ,,,, then decide.... this would give you extremely good aptitude test to SEE if you really wish to re-wire the car ! ( this is how I would think of it for me ) ,,, granted the wiring on the cars and lack of relays is kinda shitty ,,,, haha

Whats your current wiring situation ? Pics ? ( I honeslty dont know and would like to see haha :) )

I have MSA fuse box, problem there are so many wires that dont belong anywhere. My last fuse box melted and theres so many wires that dont go anywhere are getting annoying, not to mention theres some melted connected here and there. After i do the headlights im probably going to pull the entire harness and inspect it.

No friggin theme this time... So i was leaking alot of water from somewhere and noticed it was coming from the coolant outlet thingy on the timing cover and well i forgot how bad it was so....

IMAG1107.jpg

IMAG1106.jpg

So i got rid of that piece of doodoo and put it my way better one from my parts box. I finished the headlights and wired them right this time instead of applying the power to it manually (wires on positive of the battery) . Now its with a relay and to the factory switch and now deydodis-

IMAG1119-1.jpg

IMAG1120-1.jpg

Small problem though one of the Low beams went out in one HID so now my Hi beams are 6 regular lights. I am most definately doing the EZ wiring kit now after taking a thorough look to my harness. What did it for me was all of the exposed,burned,broken, and wires that lead nowhere for me but its not just the engine harness.... ITS FROM THE ENGINE TO THE TAILIGHTS harness. Anyone know if i can use the factory gauges with it? If not il just buy a gauge set and then get the harness. Ill take pics of the dookie ass harness.

IMAG1078.jpg

Got some cool stickers too from awhile ago.

I have MSA fuse box, problem there are so many wires that dont belong anywhere. My last fuse box melted and theres so many wires that dont go anywhere are getting annoying, not to mention theres some melted connected here and there. After i do the headlights im probably going to pull the entire harness and inspect it.

Ahhhhh ... i see :(

Look up ez-wiring kits as well as painlesswiring kits :)

If you do decide to ... definetly large job haha :cool: