Supercharged L20

VorpalGinger

I was just at the south oregon sonic meet with zacktheimpaler and skib. Now I am sold. I am already trying to source a 520 for a build. I want to put an eaton m90(because one is sitting in my shed) on an L20 in it. Does any one have info on doing this, what it takes, how must boost I'll be able to run, or maybe a link to a previous build. I'm using the phone app and can't figure out how to search.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An M90 is huge for 2.0L. Since you have the supercharger and carb but no engine or vehicle you may want to size them more appropriately. The M45 was standard size for 2.4 Twincam aftermarket kits from GM Performance. Quad4 guys (2.3/2.4L) consider an M62 a large upgrade. The highest output Ecotecs got the M62. It was used on the early supercharged 3800s too. The later 3800s got an M90 and so did the Thunderbird Supercoupe - also 3.8L.

I think a VG30 or VG33 might be a better size engine for an M90. That engine has been dropped into most Datsuns. You might get away with an M90 on an L20 as long as you went EFI and had computer controlling spark but I think a unit that large with a 500cfm carb isn't the best combination for driveability or performance.

An M90 is huge for 2.0L. Since you have the supercharger and carb but no engine or vehicle you may want to size them more appropriately. The M45 was standard size for 2.4 Twincam aftermarket kits from GM Performance. Quad4 guys (2.3/2.4L) consider an M62 a large upgrade. The highest output Ecotecs got the M62. It was used on the early supercharged 3800s too. The later 3800s got an M90 and so did the Thunderbird Supercoupe - also 3.8L.

I think a VG30 or VG33 might be a better size engine for an M90. That engine has been dropped into most Datsuns. You might get away with an M90 on an L20 as long as you went EFI and had computer controlling spark but I think a unit that large with a 500cfm carb isn't the best combination for driveability or performance.

Yep.

Probably for the same reason you wouldn't put an 8-71 (from a 568ci Detriot Diesel) on a 289. Yeah, you can make it fit and it will probably run but it's certainly not an ideal match. Personally, I'd love to see the project started and finished. I just hope it can run as good as it could look.