I scored a 510 wagon !!!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Update time. Replaced the PS outer wheel bearing recently & replaced the fuel pump gasket + cleaned up the oil that leaked all over the block & firewall...:mad: Then made a quicky center console. The top will be hinged & I'll carpet it next week...& oh yeah now my coffee wont tip over :D

3-19-09console.jpg

3-19-09console2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok getting ready to slap on a different set of rims this week [ 5 sets to choose from:D]. Gonna run the fake centerlines [13 x 5] i got from Mario [71 dimer]. Did a really quick wet sand job so they dont look too dingy...P1010001.jpg

also did a quicky clean up & paint job on the caps... before...

P1010002.jpg

sanded...

P1010003.jpg

& painted...

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

how they look. I know a bit different but its better than rust...

P1010006.jpg

Hoping i can use the same lugs that are on the Libres...;)

TY guys. It rides much better & no more Mr T effect as i drive [weaving on the freeway & excessive steering wheel movement :lol:] Been pricing new tires & my next set will prob. be some 185-60-14's for my Z 6 spokes. I can get all 4 NEW mounted & balanced for $160 :D

Ok Mr t effect is deff. gona & TY mario for the catch phrase :D Picked up a Grant wheel from Robert [dat521kid] & put it on after cleaning it up...

before..

4-17-09stwheelbefore.jpg

& after. I took a small sanding disc on my drill & made a series of swirls then cleared it. The allens are green, of course ;).

4-17-09stwheelonafter.jpg

TY Robert, it cleaned up nice. & I test fit 1 of the ZX 6 spokes the other day...cant wait to get tires for them...

4-14-09Z6spokerimtestfit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok decided to go with a used set of 185-60-14's on the ZX rims. Tread is ok & should last awhile....

P1010007.jpg

P1010010.jpg

no rubbing issues...

P1010011.jpg

This is the lugs i used w/ a washer ... Thread is 12 x 1.25......

P1010002-1.jpg

this is the lugs i use on the Libres & solid rims...

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

& this is the factory alloy lugs i wanted to use. Strangely enough only a few fit down into the ZX rim lug pockets :unsure:

P1010004-1.jpg

Will test drive it later to make sure i get no wheel wobble.

Thanks guys. Drove it around a bit w/ no wobbles or shakes. In a few days ill re-tighten the lugs if needed.

Benzo- id hold on to your ZX's..with a bit of wet sanding & polishing anything is possible.

Motivated- yeah the cup holder rocks & is very low tech..holds my coffee perfect :cool: