I scored a 510 wagon !!!

Storage for the summer! :blink:

I was hoping to see a pic or two with the Revolution rims on it. I love those wheels! :cool:

Yes unfortunately she's gonna be gone for a few months. Short version is...never buy a car without a title :blink:

I will be restoring the Revolutions while she's gone & they will be the new rim of choice.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammitt Jeff i coulda used that rack..HaHa. Anybody notice it's an auto? Id like to eventually swap in a Z 5 speed. Same principle as the truck trans. swaps....if it's a long tail get a long tail etc..? Anything off the wall i should know & what parts woudl be needed? BTW i ahve a grinder & a welder, i can modify anything :D

if u do go 5 speed and intrested in selling the automatic transmission and assembly PM me i need it to make my goon auto thnks

• 1 month later...

Ok just as i try & get rid of a set of rims i end up trading them for a set of 14 x 6 American Racing rims :D

2d7efz8.jpg

the tires are 175-65-14 & have lots of tread left. & they have all the center caps !

33ayowj.jpg

& i decided to keep the car at my place until the paperwork is straight.

They kind of look like 86 Corvette rims...........

ALY01347L.jpg

:cool:

Ugh, yeh, after having done that a few times myself, I will never again buy a car without a good title.

Ive learned my lesson. I will say that the person i bought the car from was totally honest about not having the title. To get one seemed to be too much work for him, thats when i saw the car & had to have it. I now know the final 2 steps to take to get the car in my name.

Ive learned my lesson. I will say that the person i bought the car from was totally honest about not having the title. To get one seemed to be too much work for him, thats when i saw the car & had to have it. I now know the final 2 steps to take to get the car in my name.

Hey Mark! I'm sorta in the same boat. What are the final two steps?

Ok on the "on the road to getting a title" front today i sent off a letter to the bank that did the loan for the car back in 72. Yes.....he had to finance a car costing less than $2500 :unsure: That gets returned to me because... that bank closed up shop in 91. I then get a bond written on the car...return to AAA [DMV sux] & pay a small fee & get a real reg. decal & a few weeks after that a title !

& i decided to put the new rims on today. Very 80's which is fine by me :D

16atbmd.jpg

& they sit flush incase i drop the front 1 more inch...

2euk30m.jpg

Heres how the revolution rims are coming along...all wet sanded with 220. I may leave the spokes w/ no paint.......

rjib8h.jpg

I dig the 80's look too. :blink: Those Revolutions are gonna look sick after they are all cleaned up!

Thanks, i tend to agree with you. They have an agressive look to them. Hey Datto510 if your still in town stop by if you can. PM me if you want my cell #.

Mark.

Good to hear you are getting all the B/S on the title figured out. I like the wheels. You my friend are a wheel whore. :lol:

TY John. I could've done this awhile back but i got lazy. & yes i like a big selection when it comes to rims :thumbup:

Datto510...PM responded to. Cruise over if you can.

Nice wheels, Mark! You are living the dream. I am only a wheel whore in spirit :lol:

Dwayne Ill bring a few sets to JCCS if you want another set :D

I got 1 of the Revolution's done today. I was going to go with a different color but nothing caught my eye so..........

2znxwsz.jpg

iegynp.jpg

Sounds like you got a nice deal Mark.

I have a 1972 510 Wagon with automatic tranny for sale if anyone is interested. If so just PM me

What you give up allready? :o

• 4 weeks later...

Ok been awhile....... Since it looks like Ill be showing the wagon @ JCCS this year ill be getting her ready. Started today by washing & waxing, prepping the grill emblem, & installing a chrome cowl. I also want to finish the air dam so i made some templates for the extra pieces Ill glass into the sides.

2dcbonc.jpg

removed all the paint.......

kd92qo.jpg

Ill go back & paint the red white & blue.......

1051utf.jpg

2uqho5k.jpg

The other 2 Revolution rims are halfway through the prep stage & will be painted soon. It was a productive day indeed :cool: