A First for Me

qwik510

In all my years of playing with Datsuns, I have owned many 510s. Some decent drivers, some ratty drivers and lots of parts cars. All of the cars I owned were 1969-1973 models. Well I finally have a 68 model. A First for ME.

It was advertised on CL as a 69 with no pics and a vague description. It was in Pennsylvania about 2 hours away from me and I would not have even known about it until my friend Clive (EvilC) told me about it. I called the seller yesterday, he described it and sent me phone pics. Pics showed it was pretty rusty but I decided it was worth the trip. So I got up this morning, hooked up the tow dolly to my new parts hauler and headed out. I stopped by and Picked up Lee (Rojo510) and we headed north to PA.

We made good time getting up there and the seller (Luke) met us out by the car. The car was purchased new in Harrisburg, PA and spent it's life in PA. I was told the the 62300 miles on it are original and the interior looks like it could be true but you never know. Took a look around it and under it, then we fired it up. Motor ran strong but the stock carb has seen better days. The lights, signals and fan blower seemed to work fine. Door Panels, seats, and dash were all in very good shape. While negotiating a deal, we walked over to Luke's barn where he had some really cool cars. A 72 Chevelle, An early 30s Ford with a rumble seat, a 66 Olds Vista Cruiser wagon, a 40's Willys car, and a 55 Citroen that was sweet. He also had a Citycar which was an electric car from the 70s and a few boats. Nice collection of toys and projects. Luke was a cool car guy.

After touring the barn, we finalized the purchase and loaded up the car on the dolly for the trip home. Stopped for lunch at a Pennsylvania Dutch Farmers Market in Lancaster County, PA and had some good home cooking and headed home. Just got back and took some pics of the car. Here are a few for now.

PA_Wagon_9.jpg

Seller sent me this picture

00212.JPG

Still on the dolly at home. Yes, that is a Nissan Parts hauler (1995 D21 Hardbody KA24E)

0093.JPG

0082.JPG

0154.JPG

0065.JPG

0059.JPG

0123.JPG

0114.JPG

0104.JPG

0038.JPG

0192.JPG

And now the rusty ones.

PA_20.jpg

PA_25.jpg

Yep. A pillar is completely gone. Surprised the door hinge is still attached.

PA_26.jpg

PA_27.jpg

PA_29.jpg

PA_30.jpg

PA_35.jpg

PA_36.jpg

PA_Wagon_14.jpg

PA_Wagon_15.jpg

PA_Wagon_16.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't see many goons in that color, can you find out what the color code is.

also whats the plans for the goon.

Nice goon ya got there.

wanna sell the grill? lol jk

no your not, you know you want it baaaaaaaaaaaad. lol

I spent a bit of time on this car today. Boy is it rusty. What a shame. A and B Pillars are gone. I am surprised the doors have not fallen off. Areas near the hinges are like swiss cheese. Floors are gone too. There is a patch on the drivers side that was done a long time ago and the patch is now rusted through too. Under the back seat, inner rockers have holes I can fit my hand into. Tops of fenders and the rails under them are full of rust. The rear quarters have so much bondo in them and the inner sections are completely gone.

I have decided that this will become a parts car.

The following is not for sale as I will be keeping it.

Rear Bumper with light

complete grill assembly with emblem, head light surrounds, lower grill filler trim, hood trim and fender eyebrow moldings.

Hood

Windshield

L16 engine with accessories

Seat Belts

Most of the other parts are available. I will be posting a new thread in the Classified section soon with lots of pics.

Let me know what you need.

Best to email me. qwik510 at aol dot com

Complete Dash Assembly is sold.

Heater Box is sold.

All locks are sold.

Rear door hinges are sold.

All inner door handles are sold.

All window cranks are sold.

I will be pulling parts this weekend.

What do you need?

Quick keep the door guts. You can't run the 68 handles without them. Cut out the whole wiper section. You never know

Only sold the inside door handles, outsides are still available along with the guts.

I will cut and store as much as possible.

• 10 months later...