unibody, Bagged, Bodied, IRS, KA620 project

620mike

Well After scrapping my KC q45 build, I went with somthing a little more reasonable not much but a little.... I have done so much work but have so much more to do... here are some pics so far.

This is what it looked like at dangerzone 2011 Won Top 100 Award over 1500 vehicals entered.. the truck had a fake five lug conversion on it just to make the show.. also was built on the stock frame just z'ed in the back.

showpic.jpg

i started a real 5 lug conversion by installing a 91 toyota front clip check it out

toyotafrontclippre0.jpg

toyotafc1.jpg

toyotafc2.jpg

I bent some tube to make it so i could delete the tension rod

lowercontrlearms1.jpg

lowercontrolearm2.jpg

here is the ka mounted

enginemounted1.jpg

enginemounted2.jpg

Here is the back half i made for it. it has a 240sx rear subframe mounted in with a little tube work...it is still not completed it has alot more tube work going into it and im having a custome AL fuel cell made for it also, and air tanks possible

bodyoff.jpg

backhalf1.jpg

backhalf2.jpg

backhalf3.jpg

Here are some pics of the truck before i cut the bed off... Yes it wil still be unibody i just picked up a new bed so i can stat fresh i made alot of mistakes on the first bed and the new one will come out alot better.. and i need some fender flares the rear end is a little wide

airedup1.jpg

layedout1.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that one from japan has been around for some time and I bet he has all kinds of issues with it cracking out where the bed and cab are molded. I have seen that truck painted at least 3 drifferent colors, which in my mind means hiding body work changes...just my opinion... I have also seen a few of these done over the years on mini trucks in the U.S. It is tough for it not to flex and bed and crack out..But I am not a body man and it looks as of you know a thing are two about body work so take it to the max and good luck and keep the pics coming...And I hope it all works out good, because that one in Japan is sweet...

that one from japan has been around for some time and I bet he has all kinds of issues with it cracking out where the bed and cab are molded. I have seen that truck painted at least 3 drifferent colors, which in my mind means hiding body work changes...just my opinion... I have also seen a few of these done over the years on mini trucks in the U.S. It is tough for it not to flex and bed and crack out..But I am not a body man and it looks as of you know a thing are two about body work so take it to the max and good luck and keep the pics coming...And I hope it all works out good, because that one in Japan is sweet...

I dont know much about mud and paint but im going to do some led work i heard it is alot more forgiving then mud. i know a few people who say they will teach me so im goig to go that way....also i am still going to run all bed mounts with 620 cab bushings hope it works... but if it dosnt what the hell...

there gonna bee issue with the cv's in the back?

i cant imagine this being too far off from where all the "drifters" set their ride height..

i like this idea.. is there a 5 lug swap you can do on the 240 hubs?

first off i didnt like the direction of the q swap so yes i really scrapped it the motor went to a guy with a 300zx and the body parts were parted for this truck and the rest of the steel went to the scrap yard to fund my next project.lol shit happens.....

there is no problem with the cv's what so ever

and i swaped to five lug a few days ago the hubs r off the rear of a 300zx...

I dont know much about mud and paint but im going to do some led work i heard it is alot more forgiving then mud. i know a few people who say they will teach me so im goig to go that way....also i am still going to run all bed mounts with 620 cab bushings hope it works... but if it dosnt what the hell...

lead filler is very tricky, I had the pleasure of learning 18 years ago on a period correct kustom restoration how to do lead filler. 'forgiving' not really in my opinion, you also need to use special primer and paint for proper coverage and to stick to the lead (the new paint formulations since then might work). I hope it works out for you.

lead filler is very tricky, I had the pleasure of learning 18 years ago on a period correct kustom restoration how to do lead filler. 'forgiving' not really in my opinion, you also need to use special primer and paint for proper coverage and to stick to the lead (the new paint formulations since then might work). I hope it works out for you.

when i say forgiving i mean as to cracking and ruining the finish.... if it works or not it will be a good experience and learning process

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well i found some gaskets today... sold my ka the other day. might be a couple weeks till i start working on the truck again though because were so busy at the shop i had to move it outside in the yard o nooooo... so ill be working on the engine cleaning painting an re gasketing maybe ill post pics of that