'69 521... toys toYS TOYS!!

poltroon

Here are my seats. The previous owner said they are from a Datsun roadster. Not sure if this is true. Can anyone confirm?

And not really sure what mods if any were done to make em fit. But, It does looks like they just bolt on.

DSC02316.jpg

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those are cool, especially if they're datsun. how much space is between the seats? looks like about 4 or 5 inches? Wondering if theres room for a custom center console between 'em.

720 gauge console and center console, that is what I am going to do. BTW, hyundai accent seats have a right arm/elbow rest built into the seat.

So, finally offered the truck to my daughter... when she stopped screaming, and my ears stopped bleeding... i realized i now need to find another project, this ones spoken for.

Funny, I dont feel that old, but seeing her get all retardedly happy and teary over this lil pickup made be both feel ancient and giggle about the old days of my first car... she's certainly earned it, anyway, back to searching for a toy for ME!

without being prompted, her mom talked to her about cars with airbags yesterday... today she was telling me she might want something newer and safer, she said "Dad, would you mind if I decided i wanted something newer? I mean, would you be ok just keeping the red one?" :). (and yes, the wife was pissed at me for offering it to her without talking to her first... ) How many times can being a dumbass work out for you? lol.

so where was a I... oh yea, seats.

Get another set of stock rails to weld in. You'll have to massage the trans tunnel a bit, but the 510 buckets will drop right into the 521 seat bracket holes. Saves a ton of grief on trying to fab new rails.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/8175-mklotz70-project-mend/page__view__findpost__p__296164

I was more careful about massaging the tunnel on the pass side and I didn't need to weld in a patch.

random thought this AM...

its funny, i walk outside each morning and pass this lil bugger and just giggle with giddy glee over what its going to become some day. 40+ yo tiny ass pickup i barely fit in, i can almost park it *under* my armada... My wife just laughs at me when i get in it, "you're not taking the kids in that damn thing". I havent gotten this silly over a car in a long long time. Good thing with age comes patience, cause its going to be a while before its done... and im going to enjoy every step of the way.

woot.

• Like 2

So now that i've decided on l20b, and I had originally thought id go carbs, ive been wondering if EFI might be more or less interesting for the performance build.

Pros vs Cons of carbs vs efi?

I realize the sound and look give carbs an esthetic edge, but in terms of a daily driver with a few extra ponies, im wondering about the efficiency advantages either way? Anyone have ideas either way?

So now that i've decided on l20b, and I had originally thought id go carbs, ive been wondering if EFI might be more or less interesting for the performance build.

Pros vs Cons of carbs vs efi?

I realize the sound and look give carbs an esthetic edge, but in terms of a daily driver with a few extra ponies, im wondering about the efficiency advantages either way? Anyone have ideas either way?

i want to go efi to.But doing some research showed me that it would be to expensive unless some one else got has got a cheaper idea.by the time you do the motor right and efi you can just swap out a newer sr20 or ka24 for about the same price.

i want to go efi to.But doing some research showed me that it would be to expensive unless some one else got has got a cheaper idea.by the time you do the motor right and efi you can just swap out a newer sr20 or ka24 for about the same price.

damn that sound pretty damn expensive!

poltroon:

L20b carbed would be the way to go. its super easy to install, pretty much a bolt in. and even though i havent driven mine yet, im sure its going to have more kick than my old L16.

Good luck :)

Just ordered some '69 cali plates, black with gold letters. Found out that Cali allows original year plates to be put on from another vehicle in the year range... +1 performance mod!

that will add about 30 HP! and about 5 badass points!