'69 521... toys toYS TOYS!!

poltroon

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea. sub under the dash... after a healthy application of dynomat, should sound great. As for the pedals, i accounted for that with a cutout at the pedal side (barely visible in that crappy pic, but), notice the left side as a cut out in the drop for the steering wheel and in the under panel at the back for the pedals... only thing I havent figured out is the ebrake... which I was considering relocating to the center, like a car.. hmm

yea. sub under the dash... after a healthy application of dynomat, should sound great. As for the pedals, i accounted for that with a cutout at the pedal side (barely visible in that crappy pic, but), notice the left side as a cut out in the drop for the steering wheel and in the under panel at the back for the pedals... only thing I havent figured out is the ebrake... which I was considering relocating to the center, like a car.. hmm

might need a photo from the other side to show

thats the plan, it looks good this way... wish the pictures did it justice.

Ever see that commercial where the dood throws his phone at the "bug" on the wall... and "HAS" to get a new phone. well after that last drop, might be time for a phone with a camera that doesnt suck. not sure 'honey, I cant post car pics on the forums now, I need a new phone...' is gonna work though.

how about "everybody picks on me because I can't post good looking photos of my truck. so I need to a new camera phone." or "honey I want to take amazing photos of you on my camera phone, but my phone is so crappy no photo taken on it could even come close to doing your beauty justice." ofcourse you could get even more sappy than that if she asks why you want photos of her on your phone just say it is like having a little peice of her every where you are or somthing like that

Took out the wing/vent window on the other side... managed to figure out how to get a rail in there for the larger window, next is how to relocate/modify the latch mechanism so its not in the way of the new larger window... once i figure that, ive got a write up on it all planned. Though, the way im doing it is a one way trip. more to come this evening and weekend as I solve the door latch fiasco.

woot. lovin' the trip!

Took out the wing/vent window on the other side... managed to figure out how to get a rail in there for the larger window, next is how to relocate/modify the latch mechanism so its not in the way of the new larger window... once i figure that, ive got a write up on it all planned. Though, the way im doing it is a one way trip. more to come this evening and weekend as I solve the door latch fiasco.

woot. lovin' the trip!

I think one way meaning you got to knock the inner tabs out of the door.Also what window are you using.We use to buy the one piece kit for bugs,the regulator can handle a longer window and you just run longer felts along the bottom of the door or top of the door i should say.Please keep us posted.

figured out the latch issue, though, i had to relocate it to the hole under the window roller handle. Looks good with the panel in place, but some of the smart guys on the site are going to have to think about a smarter way to do it.

Basically, in order to fit the window, I had to cut the lever bar, mount a pulley at the bottom of the door and connect the two sides with some wire. Sounds much more rickety then it is, in fact i used a pulley in the middle to get rid of wear. its kinda ghetto, but solid.

I thought about welding the pulley to the mount, but only to prevent any potential road noise in case it rattles in there. so far it doesnt, but who knows.

Ordered a set of custom windows from a local car window shop, but dont have them yet... I have many parts of the write up done, but... cant quite find the time to piece all the pictures I took and the write up together... but im workin' on it.

I do like the new location of the handles though, and am excited about the new windows. Ill post some pictures when I get the windows in.

In other news, the lid to the gas tank in the bed was beat all to hell, as was the surrounding area. I banged all that out so it looks normal again. Need to get a wire brush tool to knock all the rust off so I can get some primer on it.

so much to do...