rastun-ite needs help outside of phoenix! !!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok yesterday Derek [apollo] emails Guy [fontana620], Guy gives Derek mine & Tom's [dat620] cell #'s. Derek calls me shortly after that & we discuss what's happened. Derek has spoken to Tom a few times & i believe the plan is to make 2 trips & trailer the 620 & his trailer back to PHX. Myself & Steroid are a few hours to Quartzite but are willing to help in any way possible. Derek you have my # so lemme know ok..at least it did'nt get towed & your stuff is being watched over. Im sure one of the PHX guys has a good head they'll let you have.

• Like 3

Just saw this. Might be able to help. The L16 in my 521 is supposed to be fresh as of 7 years ago. It has never been started. I planned on pulling it apart anyway to check it out. If the head is good I could loan it to you. I would also offer use of my F250 diesel and car trailer, but I can't afford the fuel. PCD when did you plan on going down there?(Nevermind PCD re-read your post Tom is driving out from PHX) I can pull the head tomorrow if needed.

True that!

I don't suppose there's a head shop in quartzsite? That kind of deterioration from head gasket blowing is common, could be welded up in a matter of minutes. Around here you'd only be looking about $80 for head welding and a clean pass.

Maybe Blythe has a place, I checked around the internets couldn't find much of anything except some auto shops and they likely send out for head work. Still, might make some calls, borrow the local coffee shop's phone, talk to some locals. Some of the parts stores might also do machine shop work.

Quartzsite is pretty much dead 6 months a year. It is full of RV parks and swap meets for the snow birds. Very few full time residents so I would not expect a machine shop. My guess for the closest machine shop would be in Blythe CA about 30 miles away.

Thank you bob72gts I might take you up on that head. As far as the truck I have the help of dat620 and another to get towed to my place in phoenix, thank you so much guys this is more then a forum this is a family of the nicest people on the road. And thank you to everyone that had a part of this

• Like 1

Thank you bob72gts I might take you up on that head. As far as the truck I have the help of dat620 and another to get towed to my place in phoenix, thank you so much guys this is more then a forum this is a family of the nicest people on the road. And thank you to everyone that had a part of this

Awesome.. well although i had no help to offer i did check up this to see how its been going for you.. and yes Ratsun is full of awesome peeps... :) Well Hope to see that ur truck gets all fixed up soon...

Just tow it back, then work on it at your leisure so you can make sure things are done right. Not half-assed just to get it running, and then have to fix things again later. Tom is a stand up guy, and good with pickups, so if he's willing to lend a hand I would go with it.

I have a head at my place, but not sure what model it is, or the condition. There are plenty of parts around here, so finding another will be easy. You'll need to jump on our forum like the guys mentioned http://desertdatsuns.freeforums.org/

Thank you everyone!!! I am on the way back from quartzsite for the last time:-D got my truck the other say and have the trailer behind me as we speak. Took a lil bit to have it all work out but I made it and I start school on Monday. Ill find a head and get the lil hustler rolling so I can get out to some of the meets and see these desertdatsun guys on better terms. I owe you all a lot and I hope one day I can be there to help you out some day.

Thank you again

Dv