whoa!!!

tneudy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spoken with a few "cheap" 510 owners that think these cars should still sell for less then a grand and that parts like NOS dashpads should be $50 not $500.

These guys love the cars but can't afford the increased value. The 510 is no longer a cheap car.

Sure you can find a $500 beater but a nice straight clean car with good paint, interior and a good running KA is certainly going to sell for $7K.

Maybe the original CL poster has an L16 in his and is just jealous. :lol:

2eDeYe' date='26 September 2011 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1317066428' post='553276']

He's just pissed cause he can't afford one :lol:

nah he can prolly afford it and he secretly wants one but he is trying to hagle and insult himself down so a lower price so he can tell all his buddies how he got the car cheap from some idiot that didn't know what he had...or he was about to buy it and realized he couldnt drive a stick and was runnin low on baby farts so he knew he couldnt learn either

Meh. Just depends. I've seen tons of 510s and 240sxs grossly overpriced. (Some currently in fs section) A nice car is a nice car, but unless it's completely done....well, it's just another 40 year old car that will become a money pit. Don't get me wrong, I love my 510, but I paid $350 for it running, and that's exactly what it was worth. With a used 130k original mile KA swap, it might up the value by 1000, but not much more than that unless all the other issues have been addressed.

Think of it this way: If you're going to dump another $5000-$10,000 into a 40 year old chassis to make it perfect, why the hell would you pay near that to get it in the first place unless the total future investment far exceeds that? Take a '69 Mach 1 Mustang for instance. A matching numbers rolling bucket of shit can still command $30k. Only because when the car is fully restored the value is much more. A 510? Not so much.

Regardless, things are always worth what you're willing to pay for them.

Yes, he has an L16 with dual side draft Webers... Hainz's cousin :D

Plus he lives in California. You automatically double the price on anything automotive in California... duh

Your car is not worth 7000 plus just because you put a stock motor from a 240sx(Japan or US spec) into it, painted it and fixed rust...

Sure is a nice car, but you should KNOW you get less than half of what you put into it.

Stop trying to make your car seem like its gold. You make me ashamed to own one

And all you dumb kids, stop buying them for so much.

MY RESPONSE TO YOU:

Wouldnt go as far as the other guy did but you obviously underestimate the desirability of the 510. for the performance driver the car with slight suspension mods becomes a gokart. for the person going for looks its a great looking car that can be modified to fit any personality. as for the engine swap. MUCH desired because in a 240sx the car is powered enuff. but with the 510 being lighter the power from that motor just right to power the car. SR or KA. also the datsun 510 has hit the point in which the value will no longer depreciate. it can only go up from here. also with more and more people seeing the potential of these cars the value will skyrocket. just like a 240sx. all posted for 3k just because its popular. all are worth a grand less then posted but it can be sold for that due to the desirability. overall 510's are amazing cars. even though you might not see the value, SPECIALLY a rust free one, its there. and if you own one sell it to me for what you think it's worth. you obviously do not deserve to own such a magnificent car.

While i depend on some things the guy says, i am tired of kids buying the cars and thinking a pos one with stock l16 is worth 10k....unless it was arts car...cough i mean my dads car thats all original, now then its probally worth that much. But rusted 510's with l16 shouldnt go for over 3k, but ive been seeing it. 2 years ago when i had mine up for sale which has no rust, is a 4 door with lz 2.2 and every rare part in pristine shape a person could want, and i only had it up for 4.5. Im thinking if i ever put it up again id put it up for 6k with how the market is today. To see a ka one that actually sold for 15k, and then that orange one in texas that was ok, but up for 15k and havent seen it back up so it either sold or didnt, its the point where our prices are going up and up and up.

Thats why im glad my 510 has everything it needs, just the door panels and and headliner, and paint and im done with my dime. Thats why im starting on the 411 first. Cant wait to get her from greg.

^ Im sure the guys one of those old farts who just lets the 510 sit under a tarp for 20-30 years, and when people come to ask if they want to sell the dime, for those 30 years say its for their grandson. Ya thats a true story. The yellowish 510 that used and maybe still is by legacy in salmon creek, i was like 3 years old when my parents first noticed it, he said it was for his grandson, well like 5 years ago, he said the same exact thing. Thats 17 years, was his grandson even born yet? Its people like that.

^ Im sure the guys one of those old farts who just lets the 510 sit under a tarp for 20-30 years, and when people come to ask if they want to sell the dime, for those 30 years say its for their grandson. Ya thats a true story. The yellowish 510 that used and maybe still is by legacy in salmon creek, i was like 3 years old when my parents first noticed it, he said it was for his grandson, well like 5 years ago, he said the same exact thing. Thats 17 years, was his grandson even born yet? Its people like that.

in that case i can't blame him sometimes you can't put a price on a car.

i know if i had a son, and i had a 510 and was keeping it for him i'd be offended if someone tried to put a price tag on it.

lol but seriously i can relate to this guy if this was the case, I want to keep all useable parts on my 510 that i'm not using for the next generation. just because i don't need doesn't mean i can destroy it.

and im sure this is why the guy is pissed, he probably thinks all these JDM madnegativecamberyo kids are being selfish and treat the 510 as a disposable car, modding it to shit to the point where you can't restore it to it's original glory, so guys like him can remember the good days.

i wouldn't blame him.

^ well he was lying, i dont think he even has a grandson. Last i heard he called a scrapper on it. Why do that when it could of been sold for some good money, he could of made at least 500 off it. I just dont get it, they would rather scrap it than sell it.