Crappy after market steering wheels

I can't believe a company would sell this shit. Must be from China.

Not a fan of after market stuff. I didn't like my 710 steering wheels. Reminds me of the ones from the 50s for diameter but wire thin and hard as fuck to hold onto. Probably made for small Asian hands. (get my drift?) Anyway, I replaced them with nice ones from the 280zx.

Have a look and remember this when you pick out a nice shiny steering wheel based solely on looks. If you're the type to buy $5 disc pads and $3 drum brake shoes you can skip it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked your video. It reminds you that you really do get what you pay for. I have to admit, I am getting and have given away these after market wheels to and from ratsuners. They are popular as heck, something easy to do that dramatically changes the way the cab looks and feels, can't beat the bang for the buck. Believe it or not some of us ratsuners actually are going for the cheap after market look, I know I love tacky looking cheep stuff.

There has to be the official upgrade list out there. Rims, tires, lowering, exhaust, weber, shift nob, and yes cheap steering wheel.

My steering wheel is wood gripped 10 gauge steel, cost me $100 straight after shipping. I use it to get myself in and out of the Z. Only problem with it? I need to clean the wood and tighten the steering hub bolt. That's it. After two years of using it as an entrance/exit handle for the Z (I'm 330 lbs) it's still as round and straight as the day I bought it.

That fake Nardi SCARES THE PISS OUT OF ME because you KNOW Hondah-tards are using those in their "whips".

My steering wheel is wood gripped 10 gauge steel, cost me $100 straight after shipping. I use it to get myself in and out of the Z. Only problem with it? I need to clean the wood and tighten the steering hub bolt. That's it. After two years of using it as an entrance/exit handle for the Z (I'm 330 lbs) it's still as round and straight as the day I bought it.

That fake Nardi SCARES THE PISS OUT OF ME because you KNOW Hondah-tards are using those in their "whips".

WTF? 330 lbs? Dayamn! Pillsbury doughboy or Debo? ;)

For the record I have a Grant steering wheel on the 510. Haven't tried to break it, but seems to be quite sturdy. Not the niceness of the Nardi but I could care less. That cheap steering wheel worries the heck out of me though, for that very reason.

For the record I have a Grant steering wheel on the 510. Haven't tried to break it, but seems to be quite sturdy. Not the niceness of the Nardi but I could care less. That cheap steering wheel worries the heck out of me though, for that very reason.

They make fake grants also . Nismopu kiznook and me broke one it was as easy to brake as the one in the video. So becarefull.

Here's the one I have:

600740.jpg

Also a Grant. Been good to me, mine needs to be refinished. I'm thinking of making new wood rings for it and using recessed allen-head cap screws instead of rivets. I'm also playing with the idea of making new wood rings and wrapping them in carbon fiber for something different. :)

• Like 1

They make fake grants also . Nismopu kiznook and me broke one it was as easy to brake as the one in the video. So becarefull.

Yeah, I ordered mine through NAPA though (where else?), pretty sure we're getting the real thing. ;)

I wouldn't worry about Grant wheels just because they are affordable, they've been around forever. Hard to believe they would knock off a Grant though!

That vid makes you wonder about the integrity of all the other fake parts out there. Wheels, seats, etc etc...man I'd hate to be in a situation where your safety was compromised because of "fake part failure".

• 1 month later...

Here's the one I have:

600740.jpg

Also a Grant. Been good to me, mine needs to be refinished. I'm thinking of making new wood rings for it and using recessed allen-head cap screws instead of rivets. I'm also playing with the idea of making new wood rings and wrapping them in carbon fiber for something different. :)

thats a clean bug interior, its post 67', so what year is it? how about engine size, i see your tach ps, i like the wheel on the passenger floor also

thats a clean bug interior, its post 67', so what year is it? how about engine size, i see your tach ps, i like the wheel on the passenger floor also

Sadly it was just a picture I found that had my steering wheel in it. It is a pretty damn well done Bug though. :)