Should they stay or should they go ?

Ok as a few of you guys know i recently moved to a new house with considerably less parking than my old place so I've been considering selling off my 65 L 320. Not to mention that i dont really drive her much & needs a few repairs that i dont have the time or $$ to put into it. Im trying to get an idea of what shes worth & or should i keep it & sell my 71 521 instead.

The bad stuff on the 320: clutch is slipping & needs to be replaced, needs front brakes done [again], & has a oil leak [or 2].

The good: new interior, new clutch master, runs great, new tires, all chrome is good.

The 521 good: Runs great, 5 speed trans, new brakes & clutch master, all electrical works.

The bad, exhaust manifold leaks, small radiator leak, may need a new throw out bearing.

I really dont want to sell either one but pretty much have to soon.

the 65...

P1010261.jpg

the 71...

3-11newstaris.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will always be a part of you that will look back and regret selling either one......so look at the future. You've pretty much run the course with the 320. The 521 seems like kind of an after thought....like you got a deal and went for it. The 620 seems to be your baby. Myself.....I'd probably let the Hardbody go...I couldn't stand having a rig I couldn't keep outside....plus, it's finished and I'm about the fab work...not the "I'm done part" :) I'd keep one besides your DD...which ever that is.....sell the other two and put it into the one I have the most desire to play with. If you can't get your money out of the HB....DD it until you have gotten your worth out of it :) You can always put the dancing bed on the 620!

UGH!! Tough choice. Hmmmm I say keep the 320 and put all the money you get from the 521 into making it a solid lil rig. 521's are much easier to find, but you will prolly get less for it than the 320.

I love my 521! But if I am being honest, I got it because I couldn't find a 320. But I still love it even if it was my second choice.

The thought of you w/o your 320 makes me sadder than the 521.

That is my 2 cents anyway PAc!

Thx guys. This is sure a tough decision & appreciate the feedback. The HB wont be sold, it was my dads truck before he passed a few years ago. Part of me knows ill never find another. The 521 although it has a few small issues is & has been my daily & hasnt let me down yet. The 620 next to the HB has the most hours put into it but also has a few issues [brakes/electrical] but can be fixed right with $$ from a sale. Bottom line is i can actually park one of the trucks on the grass next to the garage but the city will eventually fine us & ill have to move it. Jason i may take you up on the storage offer :D Also how hard will it be to find a clutch & pressure plate for the 320?

i've always liked the idea of being able to keep a rig at a friends or familys place. but keep the 320 if not both. thats what the collection is about.

i live in a apartment and have 4 rides here. i'm only allowed 2 in the lot and the other 2 stay on the street. all have to be tabbed and running. the projects get parked over at my step moms.

you could always rent a place for storage spot for it if ya got the cash.

I think if you need to get rid of one of them then I feel you need to let go of the 521...I think down the road you will have better chance of finding another 521 but not as nice of a 320..ANd besides the 320 is a bit more rare and you will kick yourself for seliing it...But in the end it is your call...tough decsion....

Pac,

I'm not volunteering anyone here, BUT maybe an Oregonian or Washingtonian would be willing to store the 320 for you. ;) That way, you'd have a wip to roll during a NW event....like Canby.

But in all seriousness, looks like you've summed everything up and have some to the conclusion that I would've. 521 DD - Dependable. 620 and HB - Sentimentally invaluable. 320 - Toy. The 320 is the ish, but its the lesser of your evils. Sorry bro.

-Brian

Yoursurfer i sent you a PM. Guys thanks for the input, heres where it stands right now. I went & looked at a really clean 72 wagon w/ an air bag suspension the other day & the guy wants to trade it for both the 521 & 320. Im considering it but feel he's getting the better part of the deal. The wagon has a L 20 , header, weber, no rust or dings & paint that can be buffed out to shine [original]. Int. is rough but all there, all chrome is straight & shiny, new battery / alternator & supposedly no electrical issues. I have to decide soon...help!

Allright ive pretty much given up on the guy trading his wagon to me...no return calls which is BS IMO but o well. I sent PM's to those who showed interest in my 320 & left my cell. # too. Id rather discuss things over the phone anyways so i can go into detail a bit better. Bottom line to me is if anybody else is interested in either the 320 or the 521 PM & give me your # please. What id really like to have happen is a trade for a 510 or 510 wagon.

Sad day today...the transport co. picked up the 320 today & now she's on her way to Florida. The gentleman who bought it is on the forum [Jukeizm] & it was a pleasure dealing him. He's a stand up guy & keeps his word & i know he'll take good care of it. Now, tomorrow im going to look @ another wagon & work out a deal to get it also. pics to come...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.