Why my Dad said FU to GM in 1976 and

Thats messed up. So with this kind of thinking, if i decided to change my name legally, could ig et out of my car loan, because dan uphoff took out the loan on the 08 sentra se-r, but max power did not but assumed ownership of the car, not the loan...HMM! This is the kind of shit thats ruining our world.

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad's first car (in '56) was a '51 chev. In '65 when I was 15 he got a '64 Dodge. The street Hemi was just coming out. Dodge Charger was new. Hurst Hemi under Glass Barracuda, Dick Landy, Richard (43) Petty on and on. By '68 I had my dad's '64 slant six and in '70 I bought a new Dart Swinger 340. So yes I'm a Dodge Boy but living near GM in Oshawa I respected them and raced lots of them too. By the mid '70s GM was turning out pieces of shit economy cars like the Vega and Astra I can only imaging they figured that the oil embargo and higher gas prices were a passing fad and soon they could go back to making cars again so they didn't take making these 'things' too seriously. In fact they continued to make totally out of place and touch shit that nobody wanted and seemed all pissy if you complained about build quality and durability. I had a new '76 B-210 and it would EAT any 4 cylinder GM had, out handle it and give 10 MPG more. My B-210 was a Swiss watch in comparison. So don't think GM has just recently gone out of touch, it's had it's management head up it's ass for decades.

• Like 2

Not surprising, and I am a fairly die hard fan of mopar, but the same shit is happening at that camp, the new owners bought a reorganized company and there. Is no civil liability for previous designs, nor their inherent flaws. Sucks to be a new car owner in some cases. I however would give my left leg for a 67 or 68 impala 4 door right now....pure sex.

Im with you man. Love the mopars. Really dig the 67 impala myself. even the four door is badass. I see them from time to time on craigs list here for about 4-10k, sometimes 25k

• Like 1

Hahaha just fuckin with ya. There were no '62 El Caminos.

Well, not officially. The first is photoshop, the second was actually built.

attachment-1.jpg

attachment-2.jpg

FWIW, those crappy 5.7 diesel blocks are now very sought after by Olds engine builders for high HP race applications. Who woulda thunk it?

My opinion on American cars is this: up through the late 60's, maybe early 70's, American cars were the bee's knees. After that, they turned to shit and, until Ford's recent turn of fortunes, never recovered. German cars are fancy, over-engineered junk with no tolerance for the little quirks that happen in driving.

Which leaves Japanese cars as the sweet spot of the automotive world; the pinnacle of engineering with a blend of reliability, capability and style. They're not the top of the charts at fancy, but they don't need to be; a well maintained Datsun will still be rolling when a GM, Chrysler or BMW is rotting in a ditch :)

My opinion on American cars is this: up through the late 60's, maybe early 70's, American cars were the bee's knees. After that, they turned to shit and, until Ford's recent turn of fortunes, never recovered. German cars are fancy, over-engineered junk with no tolerance for the little quirks that happen in driving.

Which leaves Japanese cars as the sweet spot of the automotive world; the pinnacle of engineering with a blend of reliability, capability and style. They're not the top of the charts at fancy, but they don't need to be; a well maintained Datsun will still be rolling when a GM, Chrysler or BMW is rotting in a ditch :)

When Nissan uses a race-quality engine in their Infiniti Q cars, you know you have a good company.

• 1 month later...

Didn`t think this deserved it`s own thread so i resurrected this one to put it in.......

( thought about putting it in ricer sightings also )

While waiting for the caravan to drive the winding road trip to Mt Rainer this weekend it would seem there was a car show at the youth center about two blocks from where we were waiting..We notice that a roll back tow truck with a ( fully road legal ) 1955 gasser clone followed by a orange 55 and a 71 chevelle ..They parked then unloaded checked to make sure blinkers and stop lights worked ......and off they went ,,,,,,to drive the TWO FUCKING BLOCKS to the car show .....lol.giflol.gif

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ017-1.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ018-1.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ019.jpg

Posers suck...

My uncle Sonny drove his 67 Camino down to visit us once when I was about 8. Lipstick Red, RACE motor (water pump driven by a little motor and a cogged belt, FCS!! ), aircraft landing lights for high beams, air suspension, etc. etc. etc. etc. That thing was so hot, it put the hook in me TWICE in one visit! Once for rodded cars, and again for that badass tough look that 4 headlights give!