610 street demon resurection

bonvo

Guest jaimesix

For the floors, I recommend POR-15. Yes, it is not cheap, but it sure spreads and covers areas well. It is resistant and protects. It is well worth it. Any cheaper stuff will not protect your floor pans, and these pans need goos paint, because the heat of the exhaust pipes, summer road temperatures, and moist from rain create the ideal enviroment for rust. Since your floor pans look bare, you need goo rust preventive paints.

Floor pans look good, other than beijng bare, no rust.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

work resumed today i didnt get as much done as i wanted to but i did get alot done i started by changing my door guts i swaped the lock out of shellys driver side door as well as the door panel then i installed the replacment glass in the quarter if anyone wants to attempt to replace this glass i advise against it it is a pain in the ass :eek: one of thouse i need 4 hands the size of quarters type of situation i also did a little bit more rust removal from the roof

pics:

DSC04182.jpg

DSC04183.jpg

DSC04184.jpg

Edited by bonvo

that looks like dog shit...

hahahah just kiddin, lookin good bro keep it up!! :lol: :fu:

hey..that kid in the background of the first pic is giving you the finger

car is looking good...probably good therapy for you to get back in there

yeah this has proven to be good for me its helping me sleep at night im not sure why but it is helping alot

610 ZOMBIE!!! shiiiiittt:eek:

good to see it coming back to life :D

slowly its getting there its alot of work but soon the floors will be done im gonna do the little bit of body work that needs to be done

Looking good so far man! Were the door panels the same year to year?

yeah the interiors didnt change much the only thing i see that is different is where the shoulder belts mount so im taking all the panels out of mine (they all appear to be useable )

should be up and running by then at the rate im going the body/chassis stuff is going to be done rather fast its a long list but at the rate im moving it will be done soon the only thing that might take a while is having the rollbar welded in and the patch pannels everything else im doing myself and should take a month tops then everything is just bolt it up and go my dad and i were discussing it tonight the whole drivetrain will swap over in a day were going to be doing som modifications while its out so a weekend to get it mechanically up to snuff i want to get the body work done before that point though its just easier with it all gutted already

my build will be 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better then this one:lol:

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=20412&page=1

Edited by bonvo

work today!! i started stripping and covering the floors. I got most of the drivers floor done today. As i stripped it down to bare metal, i found that the floor boards are pitted, but there is only one hole in the whole floor. Its about the size of a pinhead, nothing to worry about. The floors are solid still and dont need replacing. I stripped them down to bare metal and hit them with the bed liner. Jamie, i know its not por-15, but at $10 for a little rattle can that covers less then a quarter of the floor before its empty, its not cheap. Its hella durable to and protects well. So far the spots that have it have 2 coats of the stuff. Im excited, it looks good and soon this car will be 100% rust free:D. The all important pics.

DSC04185.jpg

DSC04186.jpg

it took 2 cans to cover everything you see in black so im looking at about $50 for floor covering :eek:.

here is the second pic i circled the hole it is a tiny nothing that i can fill with a tack weld

thehole.jpg

Edited by bonvo

i didnt get to work on it today because its my sisters birthday party but my father added insult to injury today he used shelly as a tie down for the inflatable jump house well atleast we found a new use for the park bench bumpers

insulttoinjury.jpg

yes we moved shelly to the side of the garage the new one as yet unnamed is accross the street in the neghbors driveway we have cool neghbors they said we can keep it there over night if need be

... the new one as yet unnamed ...

You better come up with a name, and quick!

She'll get all upset and go home with another man...ME! :fu:

J/K!!

I think the name should have something to do with your ressurection theme. Something phoenix related? Hmmm the X-men character Phoenix is named Jean Gray, that's a thought?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey

Or are there any famous movies where a girl comes back from the dead?