Slightly scary build.....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, i guess that 3-4k budget is really gonna be stretched out.... I would like to have a video camera the day it is tested! I want to see more of that V8 Civic build! That is rediculous:

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/t76vr4/?action=view&current=V8CIVICBURNOUT.flv

Here are his photos, including more of the AE86 build and the V8 civic build(shows rear axle):

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/t76vr4/?albumview

Somewhat scary? I would say FUCKING TERRIFYING! seriously, does any of it look safe? I don't even really know where to begin. Thank god that it wont (hopefully) ever be driven on public roads, and if there's anything right in this world, no sanctioned event would EVER let that pile pass tech.

WOW! another example of why you should look out for "Teh Driftarz" on the road, who knows when their shit will fall apart and come flying into your lane :eek:

p.s. this isn't the first scary corolla build I've seen, but I think it takes the cake

2eDeYe;45032'']Wow, I now feel way better about my fab skills... :P

haha Thats the same thing I was thinking :D I always worry if I should re-use cerain bolts or by new ones... I don't know how much I trust new bolts as far as quality goes. I can't imagine trusting my suspension on a few pieces of square tubing welded to the floor pan! I want to know what the fire wall looks like to :D I like to take my time a feel good about popping my hood.

Dude, anyone else notice the car is being held up with scisor jacks and a vertical 4x4 piece of wood. Jeezus, good way for someone to get killed. The roll bar looks like it would crush easier than a soda can. Guess no one on this builds actually cares about safety.

Will this stay to................gether?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/t76vr4/rolla12008.jpg[/img]"]rolla12008.jpg

Is this what happened the first time it was on the street?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/t76vr4/bike.jpg[/img]"]bike.jpg

Does that roll bar have hinges? Aren't they supposed to be rigid?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/t76vr4/rolla2001.jpg[/img]"]rolla2001.jpg

No way that diff stays like that. :poop:

The roll cage is bolt in. They are very effective at making it appear that you have a roll cage when in reality it's not. :rollseyes:

As far as the crashed bikes, I dunno....:blink:

all i have to say is people like this give fabricators a bad name for one the exhaust is under the car for a reason for 2 thouse have to be the shittieset welds i have seen in a long time not to mention where the suspention parts are welded im going to laugh my ass off whenhes going down the street and the rearend falls out and the rack drops and he crashes what a dumbfuck as for the asc "comments" the asc is there for as reason just because you can pass the test doesnt mean you have the skill to do it and the asc is a very good thing and just because there asc doesnt mean the can fabricate that whole thred just ruffled my feathers what a piece of shit

I'm not going to badmouth engineers anymore...

It is a chromemoly Cusco cage which I don't believe meets any sactioning body standards. I have one in my shop for an S14 an it is just a really wobbly bunch of bars when it is assembled on the shop floor.

Not to mention, does he really expect this to put up with the 280hp that the 1jz delivers?

2eDeYe;45314']No way that diff stays like that. :poop:

The roll cage is bolt in. They are very effective at making it appear that you have a roll cage when in reality it's not. :rollseyes:

As far as the crashed bikes' date=' I dunno....:blink:[/quote']

:lol::lol::lol:Crashed bikes! I can see that now. I thought it was a motor and rear suspension. Bet it'll look something like this soon.

He says that he is getting a degree in engineering, HAHAHAHA. As an engineering major what I have found is that alot of guys are really dumb when it comes to hands on stuff...like fabrication. Take Formula SAE for expample. Its about 50/50 of really nicely done cars and cars where you could tell that they didn't have alot of fab experience. In my eyes, experience counts for alot more than education.

I personally have welded suspension in my car, I don't mind it if its done right, know there's is really scary, who would mount it to the car so poorly? sheet metal straps? I doubt that stuff would even hold up an exhaust system for that long haha I think all there project is lacking really is time. Well and a good welder :D If they spent 10 the hours they could do everything correctly. The cage looks good to me, its a bolt in cage and in my eyes is more for "cool" factor than "safety" which they actually need. I say the one tiltnose is talking about at his shop. I want to see a vid of that car on the street :D

How to build the ultimate corolla; a 12 step program

Step 1: Appropriate clothing. Dress for the job, proper workwear is essential for any mechanic

rolla2011.jpg

Step 2: Make sure the car is suspended safely in the air

rolla011.jpg

Step 3: Cut out the firewall. no sense letting it get in your way.

rolla2017.jpg

Step 4: Fabricate some good solid motor mounts...sure that square tube will work. What's that? your cousin Billy wants to try welding? sure why not

rolla3018.jpg

Step 5: Relocate the steering rack. But don't worry, this part doesn't need to be perfect. Fuck it hardly needs to be secured

S5000303.jpg

Step 6: ALWAYS use correct saftey equipment, especially when running an OA cutting torch overhead

rolla5027.jpg

Step 7: Oh did I forget to mention work fuel? You'll need lot's of quality brew, Bud Light of course being the finest. And some flaming hot cheetos, but be prepared, after those cheetos, you'll be happy you have that litter box in the corner.

rolla6014.jpg

Step 8: REMEMBER, 16ga flat stock works for EVERYTHING

rolla6019.jpg

Step 9: DIY strut towers. The floorpan is strong enough...right?

rolla7024.jpg

Step 10: Confirm your ability to build a sweet car. As if anyone is doubting you anyway.

cliff9-04-07108.jpg

Step 11: Paint fixes everything

rolla11005.jpg

rolla11006.jpg

rolla12019.jpg

Step 12: Who among us isn't bored with the same old exhaust system. UNDER the car is too trendy. Lets be different, run that shit through the trunk suckka. Don't worry, having the exhaust right next to the poly fuel cell will be just fine

rolla11009.jpg

Its comical and yet very sad. The whole time that I was reading the thread I kept thinking to myself, "these guys CAN'T be serious!" What a waste. Waste of a Hachi. Waste of a 1JZ. Hope they don't end up killing someone.

-Brian

Wow. I can't fabricate, weld, or stuff like that. And I can tell that this has FAIL written all over it. I hope noone gets hurt during the test, maybe just the person that thought it was a good idea. I don't why, but out of all the pics the one with the rear "strut tower" saddens me. I'm glad that I at least grabbed some suspension and chassis engineering books so I can get a better understanding of how to do things. I think they should've done the same thing. Putting the exhaust next to the gas tank, I actually can't think of anything to say. Like I said, I can't fabricate and I'm not an engineer. But, I think I can build/design a better setup.