Your significant other...

my girlfriend is a total car nut and has a Datsun 521 of her own...and she even went out and bought me my 620 and she helps work on all of them

a picture of her 521 parked behind my 2 door

dattofj017.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I told my wife "I can spend time working on the Dattos, or wasting money at the strip club. You make the call." :D

perfect :D im using this tonight!!!

my wagon outlasted my marriage ... she ended both around the same time :cursing: :fu:

my new GF(3mos) likes that i actually completed something, since she let me use half her garage. was a bit imtimidating for her to see the entire rear end and tranny strewn around the garage and the car up on blocks.

shes not really a datsun fan, but does likes the way it makes her vibrate :lol: (im gonna fix that ya know)

"the sedan is cute, but not as cute as you" :w00t:

ill be getting to finish the wagon in there now :thumbup:

If you fix it up nice enough to where it gets comments when your out cruising around and she's riding with you.. she'll get into it. The gals love the attention and if you get people complementing the ride she'll turn into a supporter of your habit... at least that one. :)

My wife would love it if I liked to hike and travel but I would love it if she could hold a drop light for me or hand me a 13mm box end wrench and a PBR:cool::fu:

My girlfriend (4 years) keeps trying to get me into photography. She owns a photography buisiness (not bad for a 20 year old girl). It's the same deal mang :D. She'd love for me to be into photography, and I'd love for her to come out and help me turn wrench for a bit :D.

She's getting better, she even said that when I get rid of 2 of my 240's and one of my 521's I can get another project!! (Leaving me with 1 240, and 1 521 :( )

my girlfriends so far have tollerated it .. the one i have now knew i was crazy about datsuns before we hooked up so she has no room to bitch.. she even wants to have little pink ratsun clothing made for my daughter thats comming in june.. i might miss canby guys we'll see.. or we might have a new member ;)

my gf's brother actually is into 510s and 521s so she's been around that a lot. She liked my 280z and she thinks the 510 is cute. I don't live with her but we are planning on getting a house with a mutual friend and I get the garage :D

My wife of 14 years tolerates my Datsun habbit. But my daughters are into working on my cars with me...so it's daddy and daughter time, my wife doesn't argue.

But.....she doesn't always go with the flow when I want to "up-grade" something that works just fine, so I usually have to find a way to break it then she is more amenable.:eek:

Crap......I hope she does not read this post!! :lol:

My boyfriend now is much more interested in my riding skills. But once I get the engine supped up in my 411 I think he might make a switch! For now it seems to be my project that isn't avoidable (daily drive and restoration project), but isn't the most exciting in his agenda either. He very much appreciates my interest in both cars and bikes though so it all works out in my favor.

• 2 years later...

thread_resurrection.jpg

iv been reading 3 year old threads all day, just thought i would bring one back from the dead.

My girl (jassifras) spent a good part of the day fixing the brakes on her datsun. Im sure glad my girl is ok with my darsuns other wise well........ it just wouldnt work.

• Like 1

My wife says my datto is my midlife crisis and that its better than a mistress. Says she won't ride in it until the interior is done. But she is cool with me dinkin around the garage all weekend if I want so I guess that means shes OK with it........I think

My wife is very understanding about my hobbies and never complains, unless her car can't be in the garage for too long or there is crappy weather. When it comes to looks/visual things I usually ask her opinion. She helps when she can or understands what's going on. She understands I love my Datsun, but it is a different kind of love. lol. Coworkers tried giving her shit a few times and asked her how she could let me spend money working on cars. She said it's a good hobby and it's better than me out at the bars all the time drinking and cheating on her.

Guest DatsuNoob

Dont have one any more, not a problem :lol: Whenever I grow tired of pretending to care about the interests of random chicks during conversation, I casually mention my datsun fetish when they hand the mic over to me :D Some ladies are cool with it, others (the rejects) have curled their lips or wrinkled their noses in disgust. They usually get the "You're dumb anyway, have a good night" routine.

My wife Collette is amazing I must say. She isn't a datsun fan (yet) but she loves the ones I restored before we got married. SHe appreciates my hard work and talent. She was even supportive when I sold my last builder (that we were gonna keep and not sell) it was a 2007 dodge ram.....hemi, crewcab, leather nav sunroof LOADED. I told her I wanted to off it and get a 620 and get back on the datsun wagon. She got a 99 chevy blazer out of the deal and I got my Datsun again.

If anything needs bought or done she is cool with it. I like that when it comes to the snap-on truck or the Datsun, if I think it needs it, I know we can afford it, just do it and explain why it's gonna be awesome.

Bill