Phlebmaster's 620 evolution

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear bout the clutch..wish i could help too but $$ is tight. At least the new clutch parts are'nt that expensive.

Thankfully you are right. I will be pulling the engine and tranny again this Saturday. Thanks to Atom once again! :D He is bringing the picker to my house.

You may get away with just splitting the motor & trans. then sliding it forward all the way to get to the flywheel. Remove radiator & fan, motor mount bolts then lift a bit & slide forwards.

Thanks for the tip. I might try that.

This gives me the opportunity to change out my stock L16 exhaust for the ported L20 exhaust mani I have and put on the 2" exhaust pipe and get rid of the tiny L16 exhaust stuff.

Plus I can put in my 60 amp alternator while I am at it....pics to come. :)

I have everything torn apart and ready to pull.

Today I will have a new clutch, 2" exhaust, 60 amp alt installed. :D Keeps getting better.

I will post another video after she is all done. She may be very loud until I get the cherry bombs put on.

Edited by Phlebmaster

Here is the video I promised. My neighbors were pretty unhappy with me this morning...heheheheh

Everything went together pretty fast. The alternator will take me a little more time to get the fitment right. I need another belt and a grinder for the bracket. :rolleyes:

9abk1w.jpg

281a4hl.jpg

Bye Bye old exhaust. This is the one I have for sale. :D

vr52sk.jpg

whats with that radiator??

my top hose is on the other side... was that an l16 thing?

I don't know what the radiator was made for, but it was purchased brand new a couple of years ago when my father-in-law owned the truck. I think they messed up when they made it. lol I remember he got a good deal. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed up those 14" wheels I got from Jester...Thank you Jester!!

Here are the pics....check out how the wheels fill in the flares and how they glow. :D

This is where I started....

2cnbo86.jpg

2whpohx.jpg

Silver paint on the centers after sanding and rust removal....

15db5md.jpg

Here is the blue glow...

21b6jpj.jpg

qoboee.jpg

Fills if the flares MUCH better. :D

2r3gytj.jpg

ir85l1.jpg

Can't see too well in the dark...but they do glow nicely and my truck was lowered by 2.5 inches! :eek:

2igy8oj.jpg

2vdfcs5.jpg

And now these are back into the Ratsun pool!! Any takers?? Trade for L20 stock intake or maybe just free if you need 15" tires.... PM me. :cool:

28c382h.jpg

Aaron the wider rims do look better. ???..where did you get the blue effect paint & is it a 1 step process?

Actually it is two step. I used the same process as I did for my flames and bullit.

I used Krylon interior silver metalic (yes interior) paint first. Let it dry for like 20 min....just long enough to hold the next coat. This is reflective paint. :D

Then I used Krylon Metal X Blue paint. This is a specialty paint for giving the blue candy coat

23kqglg.jpg