SWDP bbq 4th annual in Fontana CA.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we'll be trippin in from phx az again, hopefully more of us then last year, will be great to hang out and kick it with you all again, countin down the days.. :D

we'll be trippin in from phx az again, hopefully more of us then last year, will be great to hang out and kick it with you all again, countin down the days.. :D

Kool deal ! Hope you guys can stay a bit longer this year so you can enjoy the cruise & photo sessions.

I will make it assuming my KA Turbo Project finished....I just need to get this....

1f8a06ef.jpg

Into this....

4c051c40.jpg

Didn't you have that in there once allready :D Motor looks sweet.

i am hoping that i will be able to go again this year but with a evil monkey on my A@#( maintenance manager) i don't know if i will be able to go but i am planning on going.

DATROD: what is the picture of that u r trying to install awesome engine into? it does not give a good description of what it is. is it a 510/620 cuz it don't look like a 520/521

why do we have to have it on sunday when some of us have to work that day? why not on saturday 27th? that way us az. guys/gals can convoy from here on a friday nite/early saturday morning and stay @ wigwam hotel better for their business and really make it a datsun day/nite cruisin/partying with our dattos that saturday nite then drive back sunday morning? just making a suggestion. please don't be a playa hater.

521 Jhonny- We'd love to have you bring your truck to our event. Doesnt matter running or not. Come hang out, enjoy some good food & great people.

Gene- we had thought about doing it on a Sat. but we've always had it on Sunday & now it's kinda a tradition.

BTW the Wig wam motel is fully booked Sat. [27t ] but i believe theres still rooms available for Sunday. So we'll more than likely end up @ the Wig wam Sunday afternoon /evening for pics & a pool get-together that'll go on into the night.

*Special bulletin for Datrod & Gman*

Kumar who owns the Wig-wam is an avid cigar smoker & i think you 3 would get along great :D he usually joins us @ the pool to visit & kick back.

Ok a huge TY to Guy [Fontana620] for designing the event flyer...........

SWDP2011FLYER1a.jpg

& an equal TY to Steroid for having shirts made for the bbq....

this will be the back of the shirt...

SWDP4thbbqshirtbk.jpg

& btw we have secured gazebo #2 once again ..TY Guy :cool:

More updates soon !

i am hoping that i will be able to go again this year but with a evil monkey on my A@#( maintenance manager) i don't know if i will be able to go but i am planning on going.

DATROD: what is the picture of that u r trying to install awesome engine into? it does not give a good description of what it is. is it a 510/620 cuz it don't look like a 520/521

That's not mine. That's Datsun Parts 620 P/U Turbo KA.

Christina i didnt forget about the rack for your 521 & Ill do my best to have it done.

No head count to speak of but were sure it'll be a big turnout again.

& yes as Christina mentioned please try & bring something to grill if you can :D

Heres a map for anybody who needs it......

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=11660+Sierra+Ave.,%20Fontana,%20CA%2092337

Well now...the 28th Huh? OK Maek, Mike, and of course all the rest of you...

We (Ray and I) are makin our plans to be there.......lookin forward to it..Hey Mike?

save me a large an a XL t shirt?...see ya'll soon...Ron

What We have been doing is to line up all of the early arriving pickups in order: 320s, 520s, 521s, 620s, 620 kingcabs, 720s then hardbodys. Other vehicles are placed across from the trucks. We have had lowriders, streetrods, classic trucks and even an extremely rare roadster in attendance. So COME ON OUT!!

Please remember that this is a NO ALCOHOL, family event. We hope to be allowed back for years to come. THANKS!!!!!!

hey Mike put me down for 2 x large, one large and one medium thanks

T-shirts arrived Monday!! A few color changes to the trucks were made to balance out the design. I ordered as follows:

Medium 3

Large 22

XLarge 25

2XL 6

3XL 3

In all honesty I will probibly be very busy staging the trucks and such so You guys (and girls!!) wanting Medium, 2XL and 3XL hit me up as soon as You get there. I'll try to fulfill the wants on here but first come, first served. I hope You understand. Henry might take one of the 3XLs this weekend when He visits Bullhead City. That will leave only two. Hit Me up as soon as You can. Oh, and yes, prices will be $15.00 for Medium, Large and Extra Large. 2XL and 3XL will be $18.00. I still have a few of the 2nd Annual (with the SWDP plaque on the back) and 3rd Annual (with Datman on the back) T-shirts available. Also, for those that have a sticker or presentation plaque, I have one Large jacket for $100.00. First come, first served on it. When it is gone, You will have to order Your jacket directly from Mary Dowdy.

Thanks!!! See You in 18 days!!!!!

Wow time is flying...less that 3 weeks to go ! Update..we may have an alternate cruise route after the bbq in terms of the old Fontana Datsun dealership possibly being closed Sunday. Either way ill have maps so you guys know the route & where we'll end up. Also remember that any food thats brought is much appreciated & please remember that the park doesnt allow alcohol. Spread the word & we'll see you all soon :cool: