Canby Do's ~N~ Dont's

albyneau

Sorry for the new thread on an old subject~ but DNW's page has no info other than "online registration is closed".

This will be my maiden voyage to the event, and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the ground rules are. All I know is no open fires or barbeques are permitted, but propane stoves are. Is this a dry event, BYOB, or...? Will food vendors be onsite, or should I pack everything I need for non-liquid sustenance? Can you old Canby pros point me in a direction for more info~ or provide some guidance here?

Thanks~

Scott

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the new thread on an old subject~ but DNW's page has no info other than "online registration is closed".

This will be my maiden voyage to the event, and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the ground rules are. All I know is no open fires or barbeques are permitted, but propane stoves are. Is this a dry event, BYOB, or...? Will food vendors be onsite, or should I pack everything I need for non-liquid sustenance? Can you old Canby pros point me in a direction for more info~ or provide some guidance here?

Thanks~

Scott

Good idea on this post. I will be losing my Canby virginity as well. What else should we be bringing?

no booze, no smoking on the grounds

(these are not DNW rules but the county fair ground rules)

you can have propane grills

there was a vendor that came last year for breakfast but we all just BBQ together.

plenty of close stores ect for supplies.

we usually have a least one or two grills around the ratsun site and mines always open for ppl to use

(just clean up and shut the gas off ect)

and the general "dont act like an asshole" rules apply

Can I drive in and out of the fairgrounds anytime if my 510 is in the car-show??? .. what time is it over on Sunday... when is the Ratsun award ceremony?? :lol:

ooo good question!

Can I drive in and out of the fairgrounds anytime if my 510 is in the car-show???

.. what time is it over on Sunday...

gates are open 8am-10pm

its best to have your car parked all sunday if your in the show (for the sake of voting)

its all peoples vote so you gotta have it there for everyone to check out.

but you can take your car in and out as you please

when is the Ratsun award ceremony?? :lol:

sun afternoon with all the other awards

• Like 1

I generally stay out of ass holes. If you find yourself in one, I think you're on your own as far as consequences go(e.g. refer to "butt lice" thread)

Ahhh,,, the butt lice thread~ such fond memories! :rofl:

no booze, no smoking on the grounds

(these are not DNW rules but the county fair ground rules)

Awful lot of talk early on in the fat canby thread about some Canuckian beer- er CLUB SODA showing up~:rofl:

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak

Awful lot of talk early on in the fat canby thread about some Canuckian beer- er CLUB SODA showing up~soundds more like SYOB~ SneakYOB...:rofl:

must be thinking of the canby wine and food fest at the "fairgrounds" :lol:

this past weekend :lol:

I know nussing nussing

Awful lot of talk early on in the fat canby thread about some Canuckian beer- er CLUB SODA showing up~soundds more like SYOB~ SneakYOB...:rofl:

what ya do is on you, just keep in mind that the pres of datuns nw is a member of this forum too

must be thinking of the canby wine and food fest at the "fairgrounds" :lol:

this past weekend :lol:

Darn~ I missed it? I *KNEW* I wrote it on the calendar backwards!:unsure:

I know nussing nussing

Yeah, that's about what everywhere else is. I may not do my scenic drive on the way to Eugene depending. I suppose technically I'll have a little extra since I haven't been driving back and forth to work this week. Not that I haven't been driving though.

Yeah, that's about what everywhere else is. I may not do my scenic drive on the way to Eugene depending. I suppose technically I'll have a little extra since I haven't been driving back and forth to work this week. Not that I haven't been driving though.

going to Eugene before canby?