at what point does your reputation go from neutral to good?

The title says it, just wondering how many points until I have a good reputation. Not a complaint at all, a good reputation is hard to get in life, and I agree it should take a little earning here also, just curious.

• Like 3
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skib, I have a questions along the same lines.

When I started Im pretty sure I started with 10 rep points. Unless I got 10 rep in my first 10 posts (I had 10 posts 3 months into joining the forum), did the forum use to give out starter rep or something?

Ok kids, here's how to instantly get better rep. Post a picture of a prolapsed hemorrhoid! :rofl: I randomly give out positive rep points to just about anyone, in fact I'm going to fix the -1 on .sunlovers post above because well, some people care about the rep function on ratsun. I myself don't really, but apparently I have positive rep anyway, so hooray! ;)

Basically though, if you contribute to the forum and offer insightful things/good tech tips/cool stuff that others like, you'll generally get farther. If you lurk and only ask questions or belittle people every once in a blue moon, or have a continually negative attitude like some user in California (I'll let you guess) then your rep may go down quite quickly.

Oh yeah, post tits in thread derailments. That helps too! :D

• Like 3

I never was a hall monitor. I don't really pay attention to that stuff much. Doesn't show up on the mobile version. I figure one day a mod will put a title under my name, probably something degrading, and I'll notice it a couple months later when I steal my wife's laptop to photochop something.

Ok kids, here's how to instantly get better rep. Post a picture of a prolapsed hemorrhoid! :rofl: I randomly give out positive rep points to just about anyone, in fact I'm going to fix the -1 on .sunlovers post above because well, some people care about the rep function on ratsun. I myself don't really, but apparently I have positive rep anyway, so hooray! ;)

Basically though, if you contribute to the forum and offer insightful things/good tech tips/cool stuff that others like, you'll generally get farther. If you lurk and only ask questions or belittle people every once in a blue moon, or have a continually negative attitude like some user in California (I'll let you guess) then your rep may go down quite quickly.

+1 HRH!!! and you didnt even posttits LOL

I love monitoring the halls, but i have a feeling nicknames may roll out during canby LOL...........

• Like 2

alrighty, answers time

Skib, I have a questions along the same lines.

When I started Im pretty sure I started with 10 rep points. Unless I got 10 rep in my first 10 posts (I had 10 posts 3 months into joining the forum), did the forum use to give out starter rep or something?

ya I think every one started at +10 by the default forum settings when we first installed the new shit. now you start at 0

How about I ask Skib? do you remember when your's changed?

nope, I couldnt even tell you what its at now.

Mine is at 20 I think, I didn't notice a change in it until around then but I don't check very much. Boobs usually get positive rep, use it to your advantage.

boobs, use but dont abuse (here and everywhere)

Mine is -2 but I think it's because Ratsun is full of impatient picture whores, and vote all of my posts in my thread without pics down LOL

I think theres a lesson to be learned here.

concur.

you read between the lines with rep.

some of it is legit, some of its for teh lulz, and some of its because someones a dick

On a related (or unrelated) note, am I stuck being a hall monitor?

nope, theres a series of user titles that auto change with post count

If you have negative rep it means you are a bad person on the internets..laugh.gif

a horrible terrible person.

Hall monitors are people who use the site often but rarely post. Most of the titles change automatically based on your posts and time spent on the site. Skib explained most of them in a post before, not sure where it is though.

Nice one, now look at my profile. I am nearing 2k posts, and post nearly everyday.

Jun I am a Hall Monitor too, Be proud.

And finally I dont think I have ever posted boobs once to earn any of my rep.

• Like 1