JZ33's build thread 2.8

JZ33

Ill be happy to help and once I finish mine Ill be able to do yours MUCH easier because I wont make the same mistakes haha

Lol, anything you recommend I should pick up now in preparation? Im getting the bug bombs tomorrow for some fun lol. Then i gotta pick up an engine stand too

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NEED OPINIONS!

Im going to be doing the body work and then paint it after I fit my flares (so I wont have to cut through paint haha) but... I cant decide what color! No reds, blues, or blacks... those are already ruled out unless its a super crazy awesome color...

So please, input and opinions!!

I'm generally about 6 months- 2years behind...in most things, but IMHO 15x7's 0 offset, with 215's front and 225's rear fit well with STOCK fenders and handle great. This and a Tokico illumina damper and spring set front and rear, and Suspension techniques bars front and rear made for a great-handling road z with stock fenders. It took a lot of work to get my 510 to handle like this!

You guys do realize... I have to finish the paint on the body and fenders and the flares all before they will actually be put on... BUT the drivers side rear is finished, so now just the pass rear... after that things should start going a bit faster...

If you're painting the car before you at least mock up the flares, you should do a lot of taping around where you'll be cutting. The cutting and welding involved with preparing the quarters fucks up paint.

you have been gone too long haha Im doing all the cutting and welding BEFORE the paint, then paint, then final install because instead of the rubber welting I will be using the 3M moulding (double sided) tape because it is moisture resistant and will work much better for me...

Please. Just to partially satisfy us... Even tape them on there....

I NEED TO SEEZ DA FLARES

ALRIGHT, Ill tape on the side that I have cut and welded and pop on the wheel... but it wont be on the ground... and to hold you over until then...

2012-05-20224914.jpg

haha I ordered it a while ago, but it just finally came...

BTW, you need to come get the rest of your Z stuff... you forgot the carb tops haha and I have one rear done, starting the other tomorrow...

If you're painting the car before you at least mock up the flares, you should do a lot of taping around where you'll be cutting. The cutting and welding involved with preparing the quarters fucks up paint.

Are you serious? ???? Welding ... ruins ... paint? ??? Sparks from grinder/slag/debris coming off burns things ????

Please start a how to and oics on this brand new info ! !!!

:

Well i'll be ordering my flares in a couple weeks (hopefully). almost game time! lol

damn it... so I have to get mine done so i can do yours...

I think u a jalen should build a car..then maybe one car Ould get done

difference is I'm in college and thats more important than the car. Not to mention the limited budget. I never said it would be fast build, but its getting there... HAS to be done by the 6th of July though...

I think u a jalen should build a car..then maybe one car Ould get done

This guy actually makes progress though and it is getting flares already, not just hopes and dreams and a promise of pictures that never will be.

because I keep my promises:

2012-05-22113316.jpg

issues though.. I NEED smaller sidewall and maybe even more stretch... that pic isnt on the ground and thats as much as it will hang... so I have maybe and inch more upwards to go and I dont have that much room under there haha