JZ33's build thread 2.8

JZ33

I NEED HELP. I need to get this damn his to STAY on!! Right now the only way it will stay running is if I hold the key... NOT to start position, but between that and on, so the starter isnt running it. But when I let the key go, and it moves to what I think is the normal spot, it shuts off... I HAVE NOT MESSED WITH THE COLUMN IN ANY WAY AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE!! If I can get it started and running I can FINALLY DRIVE IT!!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Also, Happy Thanksgiving! May you all feast and be merry!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I might have to take you up on that ignition... is it hard to install? And I love your new wheels alex!

I would go with the push button, but I wouldnt even know where to start on that install haha

And thanks woody! Ill love it even more when I can drive it haha

In light of all these stupid little things preventing me from finishing this project (or at least driving it)... I decided to brave the winds and water to get something done... ASS FINALLY ON THE GROUND.

2012-11-29120330.jpg

2012-11-29120400.jpg

and my new toy came (though not car related)

IMG_20121125_214421.jpg

Glad to see this writeup on the HID install, I have a set I've been meaning to install but still need H4 housings. All the ones I've done before I've just powered via the headlight harness, but going directly from the battery and using a relay seems way more effective.

....anyone got some housings they would like to sell me?

Well I kind of gave up on my HIDs, I just bought some sylvania bright white thing lights so I can just get this on the ground ASAP because of this rain and wind in CA... so I would be willing to part with mine... trade for that white steering wheel haha my brother REALLY wants it anyway!

• 2 weeks later...
Send me pictures! 918-348-2921

Alright Ill see if I can get them in morning!

Oh my this is getting good jz still on those "ratsun" condition coils from way back? Talking about push start.....your gonna love my "switch panel" bro.

Damn right I am haha and what switch panel?!

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all get some much needed parts or at least something useful!

Sorry for updates too, I havent actually been home in a few weeks...