JZ33's build thread 2.8

JZ33

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OICS FINALLY! And I need help...

fronts kind of mocked up (but those are the easy ones...)

2012-05-12114544.jpg

Cut the rears... but ran into all this crap...

2012-05-12114516.jpg

How the hell do I get all (or even most!) of the black sealer off!? It catches fire every 2 seconds when I weld and I can only cut small sections because of it... I have read that a wire wheel on my 4.5" angle grinder would work but I have one of those black abrasive things and tried that... which only melted it and moved it... Would the wire wheel really be much better? Also, someone told me PVC pipe cleaned will melt it off too.. truth?

I doubt the wire wheel will do anything. My wire cup brush on a drill just moves the left over sound deadener material around.

Well I should say, it will remove almost all of it, mostly by flinging it away. Angle grinders spin pretty fast...

well the fire could be INSIDE the car and i would never know (my main concern haha) BUT I have a found a reasonable solution I think..

Aircraft remover, NOT the spray kind, the in a can, thick, goopy kind... I lathered some of that on there and then took a metal scraper to it and huge chunks just started to pop off with little effort... I would say a good 90% came off that way... Im going to try the abrasive wheel again now that I can see bare metal and what is left is very thin and had been soaked in the remover.. Ill post before and afters if it works...

make sure to neutralize that shit with water. or itl burn the living fuck out of you AND YOUR FLESH WILL FALL OFF AND THE SOULS OF THE ETERNALY DAMNED WILL RIP FROM YOUR THROAT-HOLE IN THE HORRIBLE AGONY THAT IS YOUR PAIN

Fixed.

That shit hurts.

make sure to neutralize that shit with water. or itl burn the living fuck out of you.

Fixed.

That shit hurts.

Am I just immune to this stuff? I have had it on me all evening and nothing yet... BUT I washed it off after reading those haha

or air craft stripper might work

Same thing as aircraft remover...?