JZ33's build thread 2.8

JZ33

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Going to pick n pull tomorrow and getting some new insulators (AKA short ones, from a 240z...) then drilling them out to make them fit... hoping to have everything installed and drive-able again by Wednesday!

That looks really good! Do you want to sell the 280z insulators?

I used the front insulators and since one of my rears tore in half basically, I got some 240Z fronts and used those for the rear (and fabbed up some spring perches). BUT if you really need some, I have one good rear insulator, and can get another one from pick n pull for you?

Very jealous, are those with the coils?

Yes, and I used a little trick to not blow them and still go low haha

165-45-15X8sportmax1.jpg

This is a 165/45 on a 15x8.

I used to work at discount tire and that is ridiculous, not a lot of shops are going to even attempt that. I personally would go with a 225/50/15 Falken Azenis RT615 but they are on national back order :( If your going to be running some 15x8's with that much neg offset you should stick some better rubber on there like atleast a 195 or something.

with a 165/45 when your Speedo says your going 65, your really going 54 miles per hour. Not accounting for the loss of sidewall height when it is stretched like that.unsure.gif

yes im doing flares, BUT crazyoctopus (love his car!) isnt NEAR as low as im going to be... so the stretch is somewhat (pretty much is) necessary for the offsets ill be working with... when i get the actual wheels i REALLY want, they will be 15x10 with close to -50 offset, but my turbo build up will come before those haha