Project "Parts Car" Resurrection

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude you should take a detour to Cabazon CA, it`s where those dinosaurs that Peewee sat in.. in Peewees big adventure

although there aint much else but that there..laugh.giflaugh.gif

And man you better make a thread of this trip ..with so many pictures, it will need it`s own Photobucket account..

I think when I get home i'm gonna do a road trip page and put a link for it on this page for anyone that wants to see the oic's. I've taken close to 300 pics since st.louis, but a lot of them are from the JCCS. I was really thrilled to get the farthest driven award, although a couple people got upset about it being my first JCCS & I got a plaque. A lot of people didn't believe we drove it, but the proof is in the oic's that i'll be posting soon. Also it was great to meet several Ratsun members, thanks to everyone who came by my car to say hello.

I'd love to caravan with someone next year if I can make it again. I wish I had gotten my front end completely rebuilt before the trip this year. I actually ate up a brand new pair for front tires driving to California and had to get another set for the trip home. lol... I'm heading out tomorrow morning, Tuesday. So keep wishing us luck and hopefully we'll be home by Thursday. I gotta admit I'm not looking forward to the Death Valley portion of the trip again though.

Thanks again to all the Ratsun people who stopped by to check out the my "RATSUN". I hope to see you all again next year and I'll be posting pics soon. :D

I'm kinda pissed now... I was on my way home with the car and my lower alternator bolt vibrated out, so I had to pull over and make a temporary repair to finish driving home and .... lost my phone on the side of the highway!!! I'm so pissed, I lost all my road trip photos and pics from the JCCS. My son took some with his phone, so he's gonna email them to me so I can post some pics, but I lost about 300 photos. The car is now back safe and sound at home and other than the bolt problem, it performed great. I drove it over 6000 miles in about a weeks time. :D So, if anyone ever tells you "you can't drive a classic car on a road trip", prove em' wrong. :fu:

• 2 weeks later...

Cried because they didn't get the distance award? That's... awesome. Hahahaha. Not something you hear every day!

"You didn't drive farther from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!derp!!!!!!!"

Project is coming along quite nicely... I wonder if those carpet kits are still available by chance?

Think when the 510 goes into the body shop and I get my interior stuff prepared, that carpet kit will be on my list of things to buy!

Good job!

Cried because they didn't get the distance award? That's... awesome. Hahahaha. Not something you hear every day!

"You didn't drive farther from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!derp!!!!!!!"

I'm gonna try to make the trek to the JCCS again next year. Hopefully in a 620, towing one of my 510 dirt track race cars. I guess I'll really piss the guy off if I happen to get two awards. :rofl: lol...

lol... There are absolutely no classic import anything shows here in the midwest that I've found. It was well worth the trip. Keep in mind I allowed two weeks for the trip out and back, so I could take my time and enjoy the scenery along the way. I'm still pretty bummed about loosing my phone and all my photos though. I guess that gives me an excuse to try to do it all again next year. :D

• 2 weeks later...