Project "Parts Car" Resurrection

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed a huge difference when I installed bump steer spacers. My car would violently jerk the wheel out of my hands and pull to the side when I would hit uneven spots in the road or potholes after I lowered it. The spacers helped it be a lot more stable and predictable. If you're not experiencing those symptoms you probably don't need em, but I assume the lower you go, the more necessary they are.

Was able to check this out first hand yesterday and I can say that this little Datsun is shaping up quite nicely. Very inspirational and I can wait until we have an official above freezing day to wrench on my TE72. The Ratsun folks are going to go bananas with your new setup and tweaks! Toyota to the core but a def soft spot for the 510 :)

I do have the jerky driving issues on the highway, especially when it rains and I hit water puddles. I guess spacers need to go on the check list for the build. :thumbup:

I don't have photoshop, I'd love to see someone's rendition. :poke:  All I can do is picture it in my head :sleep:

It was another busy weekend in the Datto garage. We cut out the rotted quarter sections and started grafting in some patch panels from a parts car back half I've been hoarding for a couple years, just for this project. This crap is time consuming. I'm lucky I've got a friend/neighbor that's willing to help me save this car. Thanks Jeff :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm still working on this car, blah, blah, blah...  

I have a question for the forum though... I'm considering moving to Chico, California with my soon to wife, if we can work out the details.

It'd be a big move, considering we're in St. Louis, Missouri right now.

Do any of you guys live in or around Chico? what's the area like? I've done some research on the web and about all I can find out is that the crime rate is low and there is dirt track there "Silver Dollar Raceway" , where I could race at when my new race car is done.

• 1 year later...

Not really an update, but i'm considering selling this car. It still runs great and is very reliable, although I haven't driven it anywhere in over a year. I do still start it and drive it around the neighborhood though. I just drove it last week.

I came across a dream car of mine (1957 Chevy Belair) and I need funds for the purchase. I'm looking to get about $5000 for this car, considering the engine has been gone through, the trans is rebuilt and works perfectly, it has dual SU carbs installed on it, all the U-Joints have been replaced, and now pretty much all the rust repair has been done. The car really just needs final body work and paint to be really nice.

Normally I wouldn't even consider selling this car, but I do still have a couple two doors that need restored, so this isn't like it's my only 510, it's just the only one that I feel is worth much cash.

I know this should probably be in the for sale section, but I figured I'd toss it here, since it is my page. Sorry if I upset the mods...

will do, when I get a chance, but it looks the same as always, only the fenders are sitting in place, as you can see on the previous page the quarters have been welded up, and the windshield needs to be reinstalled. I have a new windshield and seal for it though.

Thanks

• 1 year later...